Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hollywood handlebar on Iron?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 06:11 PM
duffffmannnn
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another pic

Attached Thumbnails Hollywood handlebar on Iron?-image.jpg  
Old 07-20-2014, 06:12 PM
duffffmannnn
Intermediate

One more

Old 07-20-2014, 06:14 PM
CORNDOGG48
Novice

Those look awesome!

Old 07-22-2014, 07:56 PM
jlh1978
Novice

Those bars look great! i noticed in the previous threads that someone mentioned they were just bolt on with no extensions needed for the cables...is this true for the iron? how are they comfort wise compared to stock? more pullback?

Old 07-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Penguinator1
Stage III

Hi there I have just bought the hollywood bars and awaiting delivery :-) could you tell me if the front cable needed modifying or not and also what did u do about the switchgear wires, did u do it internally if so a step by step would be great. Cheers

Old 07-23-2014, 06:33 PM
duffffmannnn
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jlh1978
Those bars look great! i noticed in the previous threads that someone mentioned they were just bolt on with no extensions needed for the cables...is this true for the iron? how are they comfort wise compared to stock? more pullback?
To fit correctly you actually need a new brake line ($60) and extensions for the wiring harnesses ($60). Below is the link from HD website with the part numbers. They are much more comfortable than stock. Part of the reason I got them was my elbows/shoulders were hurting from my arms being so straight with the drag bars and forwards. There is defintely more pullback as my arms are always bent now. The drag bars came back to over the "s" in davidson on my tank and the hollywood bars go back to over the "-" in harley-davidson.

http://s7d1.scene7.com/is/content/Ha...5800050pdf.pdf

Last edited by duffffmannnn; 07-23-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:39 PM
duffffmannnn
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Penguinator1
Hi there I have just bought the hollywood bars and awaiting delivery :-) could you tell me if the front cable needed modifying or not and also what did u do about the switchgear wires, did u do it internally if so a step by step would be great. Cheers
See above for the brake line and wire harness extension parts numbers. I found you can ONLY do the wires internally because they do not have indentations on the bottom of of the bars like the stock drag bars and the wires will not fit under the controls without the indentations. I watched a bunch of youtube videos which helped me with the internally wiring process.

The biggest problem I ran into was getting the wires out of the molex connectors in the harnesses. After an hour of trying I finally got them out using a paperclip. Good luck! I would also recommend the service manual. It more than paid for itself this project with what the dealer would have charged me.

Last edited by duffffmannnn; 07-23-2014 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:48 PM
duffffmannnn
Intermediate

Side pic showing how far the bars pull back

Old 07-24-2014, 01:10 PM
Penguinator1
Stage III

Finally did the install today found it a little tricky being a newbie. As said in earlier posts the wiring was a pain in the a##e but being patient and methodical worked great. Previous posts stated I would probably need wiring extensions but for me that was not the case. I have an 2011 iron and all it took was to feed the wires through the bars and instead of going through top of light and behind just straight down side of tank. The brake hose needed a slight modification with the metal half needed a little bend in it but apart from that a surprisingly simple process.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:54 PM
HawkIron
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys you are absolute live savers! I've been umming and arring for so long. because of the cost of the cables. Glad to see it doesn't take ALL the cables they 'suggest' you need. Penguinator1 is there any chance you have pics of where your cables go in?

and duffmann thank you so much for taking the plunge. its scary it looks kinda like my bike. my forwards are going on 1st August. Very nice looking bike though

Quick Reply: Hollywood handlebar on Iron?