Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DK Customs Thunder Torque Inserts Review

Old 02-12-2015, 09:39 AM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Superlow-Ben
I've got them installed and they sound good at idle. I'm going to be going crazy waiting for the weather to warm up to get and try them out with the xieds I also received today. Thanks DK customs for the quick delivery.
Glad we could help out, i sure hope the weather warms up so you can ride soon

Kelsey

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Old 02-12-2015, 04:58 PM
CAVSportster
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its been a few days since I finished this mod and I just had to get on here and say HOLLY CRAP!!!! Torque Inserts are incredible, the pipes are so much louder than stock, they look better than stock too, and the bike runs oh so nice!
I went with the W258s, Chopped off the entire tapered section of the stock pipes, I could not be happier. The exhaust is LOUD but not annoying, its got a deep growl while idling, and a sweet deep roar while on the throttle.
It honestly took me longer to remove the mufflers than it did to cut them.
I taped off the entire tapered section, I measured 4.5" from the tip, used a chop saw to cut through the muffler, cleaned up the edges with a dremmel, measured 2" from the new end, drilled the hole for the Insert. Insert went in, cone facing into the engine, used a piece of wood to hold it steady while I torqued down the jam nut, through the mufflers back on and BOOM! DONE!
I wish I would have done this mod sooner! Thank you to everyone at DK for your help, you guys are awesome!

DK Custom Torque Inserts

Old 02-16-2015, 01:06 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by CAVSportster
Its been a few days since I finished this mod and I just had to get on here and say HOLLY CRAP!!!! Torque Inserts are incredible, the pipes are so much louder than stock, they look better than stock too, and the bike runs oh so nice!
I went with the W258s, Chopped off the entire tapered section of the stock pipes, I could not be happier. The exhaust is LOUD but not annoying, its got a deep growl while idling, and a sweet deep roar while on the throttle.
It honestly took me longer to remove the mufflers than it did to cut them.
I taped off the entire tapered section, I measured 4.5" from the tip, used a chop saw to cut through the muffler, cleaned up the edges with a dremmel, measured 2" from the new end, drilled the hole for the Insert. Insert went in, cone facing into the engine, used a piece of wood to hold it steady while I torqued down the jam nut, through the mufflers back on and BOOM! DONE!
I wish I would have done this mod sooner! Thank you to everyone at DK for your help, you guys are awesome!

DK Custom Torque Inserts
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and pictures! Glad we could help out

Kelsey

Old 02-19-2015, 02:43 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Take a listen to the experiment we ran with V&H Short Shots on the Project 48 Bike-

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-20-2015, 05:36 AM
Mr_Taipan
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

I put quiet baffles in my V&H SSs and seemed to have picked up some, albeit slight, bottom end grunt? Would TTIs add any extra benefit when running with QBs in?

Old 07-20-2015, 06:37 AM
Yogie
Road Master
Received 286 Likes on 156 Posts

I'm glad this older posting was brought back up. My TTI's are in the mail and I can't wait to try them out. After watching whole thing thru I'm excited and kind of wished I'd ordered the variety pack to play with.
I've ordered the 118W's for my V&H long shots with the baffle left in. I kind of hate to remove the baffle, then I feel like I've paid big bucks for 2 pieces of straight pipe 2 feet long.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:07 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Yogie -DK website has a fitment page. It indicates what TTi to use given the pipe diameter and baffle size. I ended up buying all three sizes at different times playing around with the different sizes on three different slip-ons.... the 118 was too small for any of my applications so unless you have pipe less than 1.75" the 158 would probably be a better fit. Good luck with your fix..hope you resolve your issues. Ride safe

Last edited by hscic; 07-21-2015 at 02:03 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:22 AM
Yogie
Road Master

Originally Posted by hscic
Yogie -DK website has a fitment page. It indicates what TTi to use given the pipe diameter and baffle size. I ended up buying all three sizes at different times playing around with the different sizes on three different slip-ons.... the 118 was too small for any of my applications so unless you have pipe less than 1.75" the 158 would probably be a better fit. Good luck with your fix..hope you resolve your issues. Ride safe
pretty sure my mufflers are 2 1/2" then will need to allow room for the baffle making the diameter even smaller. I,m on a trip right now and they should be at the shop when I return tonight. Sure hope I got the right ones.... We will see soon. Thanks

Old 07-24-2015, 10:32 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Yogie
pretty sure my mufflers are 2 1/2" then will need to allow room for the baffle making the diameter even smaller. I,m on a trip right now and they should be at the shop when I return tonight. Sure hope I got the right ones.... We will see soon. Thanks
Let us know how it works out for you. The pics of the 118 and 158 on DK's fitment page is a 2" slip-on on my bike. I subsequently replaced the slip-ons with 3" Rush with 2" baffles.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:45 PM
Yogie
Road Master

Originally Posted by hscic
Let us know how it works out for you. The pics of the 118 and 158 on DK's fitment page is a 2" slip-on on my bike. I subsequently replaced the slip-ons with 3" Rush with 2" baffles.
After looking things over once home my new V&H slip on mufflers are 2"
With the spiral wall baffles it looks like the 118W will work okay. I've installed them 1 inch toward the outside of the last baffle. That's about 1 1/2" back inside the pipe. I hope to have them on this weekend for some trial runs if i can get another issue solved. Lost one of the little brass pieces on the end of the throttle cable.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DK Customs Thunder Torque Inserts Review