Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DK Customs Thunder Torque Inserts Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 12:12 PM
Simon Lam
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Yes, short shots are very common in upgrading with the Thunder Torques. The W118's give a bit deeper tone and increase the low & mid range power...get's rid of the flat spot that is common with the short shots.
Do you have anything for the big radius 2 into 2?

Old 01-05-2015, 03:00 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Anyone install the TTI on slip ons with baffles? Please share your experience ie louder, quieter, deeper tone? Contemplating removing baffles but they are required to pass annual inspection here. Thank you

Old 01-05-2015, 04:23 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
Anyone install the TTI on slip ons with baffles? Please share your experience ie louder, quieter, deeper tone? Contemplating removing baffles but they are required to pass annual inspection here. Thank you

More people than not install these with the baffles still in. Whether with or without baffles it will lower the volume just a little, and will also deepen the tone.

This is a video is of five bikes with the Thunder Torque Inserts.

Kelsey

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Old 01-05-2015, 05:30 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by DK Custom - ST
More people than not install these with the baffles still in. Whether with or without baffles it will lower the volume just a little, and will also deepen the tone.

This is a video is of five bikes with the Thunder Torque Inserts.
DK Custom Improved Stock & Slip-on Exhaust Sound & Performance - YouTube

Kelsey
Thank you Kelsey. Kevin provided me with the video and information, but wanted to hear from the forum community who installed the TTI with baffles on different bikes and exhausts. I think there was only one segment in your video with baffles and it was rather quiet for me....just want to be heard in traffic for safety reasons. Thanks again....you folks are awesome.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:44 AM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor

You are most welcome

Kelsey

Old 01-06-2015, 11:43 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by DK Custom - ST
You are most welcome

Kelsey
Kelsey, my TTI 118W was just shipped. What is the recommended position of the TTI. I realize there are many positions based on personal preferences, but what does DK recommend as the best position based on testing...i.e. point of cone facing out or cone facing in? Logically, I believe the point should facing out to create more back pressure but wanted to know before I receive the part.

Thank you

Old 01-06-2015, 01:42 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor

Kelsey, my TTI 118W was just shipped. What is the recommended position of the TTI. I realize there are many positions based on personal preferences, but what does DK recommend as the best position based on testing...i.e. point of cone facing out or cone facing in? Logically, I believe the point should facing out to create more back pressure but wanted to know before I receive the part.

Thank you
What we recommend is to start with the point of the cone facing the engine so that the cup will be facing the outside. If there is anything else we can help you with just let us know

Kelsey

Old 01-06-2015, 07:02 PM
South JerseyJoe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After about 8000 miles on my Rush 1.75 slip ons they started to have a higher metallic pitch sound. I assume from baffle matting getting burned up. Put the TTI'S in and just like new. Deeper tone for a nice sounding rumble. Much easier than re wrapping the baffles for sure. 2012 Custom

Old 01-15-2015, 11:53 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

I plan to install the TTI 118W on my slip-ons with baffle this weekend. Took a video of the exhaust sound before the install and will be doing one after just so there is point of reference for those considering TTI for that deeper sound with baffles.

The problem is not sure how to upload the video. It is in quick time movie format (.MOV) taken via an iphone. I tried copying and pasting and uploading with no success.

Please let me know if you know why it is not working....perhaps you need have a higher level membership to upload videos.

Thank you.

Last edited by hscic; 01-16-2015 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:55 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,931 Likes on 2,288 Posts

I plan to install the TTI 118W on my slip-ons with baffle this weekend. Took a video of the exhaust sound before the install and will be doing one after just so there is point of reference for those considering TTI for that deeper sound with baffles.

The problem is not sure how to upload the video. It is in quick time movie format (.MOV) taken via an iphone. I tried copying and pasting and uploading with no success.

Please let me know if you know why it is not working....perhaps you need have a higher level membership to upload videos.

Thank you.
You can upload the vid to youtube and then post the youtube link here...

OR

You can upload the video to a free cloud base service, like Photobucket.com, and then post the link to it here.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Quick Reply: DK Customs Thunder Torque Inserts Review