Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DK Customs Thunder Torque Inserts Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 02:52 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by XL50#674
Yeah for the price you sell them for it's not bad at all-was not ******* the product, I just like to tinker and build stuff. Like i said I like my pipes open and have the PC III tuned for them. It is kinda crazy how some random metal added in the pipe will have a big differance.
Yeah, I know you weren't ******* them.

Everyday I deal with calls and emails of people that have two main questions-

How is it different than a lollipop
How can such a simple inexpensive piece make the torque increases we say

So, I am probably a little sensitive...lol...sorry for coming off that way.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 08-22-2012, 02:54 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Davemac122383
Well after some messing around and changing the bike these inserts have didwhat they were advertised to do. I was having some other issues with the bike, and for just doing a fluid change the bike runs completely different and smooth. I changed to amsoil and spectro chaincase oil and the difference is night and day. So now that the engine/tranny are running smooth the torque inserts are able to do their job and what a wonderful difference. Im very happy with how it runs now except for a small issue with random backfiring. But I want to just llet DK Customs know that I am very happy with what this product did. And anyone else having a problem with the inserts you just have to tweak them for your bike, they may work good one way on one bike but need to be in a different position on another bike.
Cool! Glad it is running better for you. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:02 PM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Yeah, I know you weren't ******* them.

Everyday I deal with calls and emails of people that have two main questions-

How is it different than a lollipop
How can such a simple inexpensive piece make the torque increases we say

So, I am probably a little sensitive...lol...sorry for coming off that way.
It's all good brother! Yeah I don't even know how to tell someone how they do it, but they do-just have to feel for yourself I guess. You took an old concept and made it look and work better-nothing wrong with that.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:48 PM
matthewt1968
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thunder Torques ROCK!!!

Old 12-31-2012, 10:24 AM
Otter
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

Kevin - Any reports from guys trying them in ShortShots? I've got the quiet baffles, and the smartPartz baffles, and I'm not pleased with them. I am thinking maybe I should take out the smartpartz baffle, which didnt seem to do much, and try these. Which would you recommend?

Old 12-31-2012, 01:07 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by One*
Kevin - Any reports from guys trying them in ShortShots? I've got the quiet baffles, and the smartPartz baffles, and I'm not pleased with them. I am thinking maybe I should take out the smartpartz baffle, which didnt seem to do much, and try these. Which would you recommend?

Yes, short shots are very common in upgrading with the Thunder Torques. The W118's give a bit deeper tone and increase the low & mid range power...get's rid of the flat spot that is common with the short shots.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Muskie46
Advanced

Hey Kevin, I have the W118's sitting in my car now and will probably install them this afternoon. I have an 05 sporty 1200 custom with cycle shack slip ons. Im really looking mainly for a deeper sound (of course any increase in torque is MORE then welcome). Not sure if you know, but what is the best way to position the inserts to get that deep rumble im looking for?

Thanks

Old 04-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Mac10
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Muskie46
Hey Kevin, I have the W118's sitting in my car now and will probably install them this afternoon. I have an 05 sporty 1200 custom with cycle shack slip ons. Im really looking mainly for a deeper sound (of course any increase in torque is MORE then welcome). Not sure if you know, but what is the best way to position the inserts to get that deep rumble im looking for?

Thanks
@ Muskie. I have an 09 low with cycle shack slip on's. I removed the bolt holding the baffle which is about 2 1/2 inches from the slip on cut. I installed the TTI 118 right in that hole with cone facing out. Deeper sound and better low range torque for sure. I had to bevel out the hole a hair to fit it. Took about a half hour including pulling off the slip on's

Old 04-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Muskie46
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mac10
@ Muskie. I have an 09 low with cycle shack slip on's. I removed the bolt holding the baffle which is about 2 1/2 inches from the slip on cut. I installed the TTI 118 right in that hole with cone facing out. Deeper sound and better low range torque for sure. I had to bevel out the hole a hair to fit it. Took about a half hour including pulling off the slip on's
Thanks Mac! This will save me a good amount of time playing with positioning.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Muskie46
Advanced

So, i installed the D&K Thunder Torque inserts yesterday (the W118's) and Holy ****! The 2 1/2" Cycle Shack slash cuts sounded "OK" before the inserts (a lot better then stock) but once i threw the inserts in, they were like completely different pipes out to kill someone. With the cone facing the end of the pipe, i have a deeper rumble and it is loud. Up here in northern wisconsin, deer are around every corner, so loud pipes really do save lives. If your on the fence about theses inserts, do it. D&K has a great product here.

Quick Reply: DK Customs Thunder Torque Inserts Review