Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mutazu Hard Bags

Old 10-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Afrobaron
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mutazu Hard Bags

Rather than revive a one or two year old thread that is not completely related to my question, I am starting a new thread.

I saw a vulcan in the lot at work today with a set of Mutazu bags on it. The bags were really small and looked out of place on the large size vulcan; but i thought they may fit the sportsters better.

Does anyone have a picture of these bags on a sportster? It is hard to figure the size using just a measuring tape.

Here is a pic.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:54 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

They look fine! I like the shape. If you use 'search' in the Sporty forum you will discover there are only 19 threads in which they get a mention. Won't take long to read through them!

Old 10-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Afrobaron
Tourer

I did do the search and did read, hence me saying I did not want to revive a two year old thread that for the most part had gone away from the topic and into unrelated discussion.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:41 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

I will be getting some for my wife's Dyna...My sister in law is also interested in some for her XL1200...They are pretty nice for the money.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:55 AM
CRocks
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

They are cheap, but they're made cheap. Kinda out of place on an HD. http://tsukayu.com/HardbagsforSportster.html much better IMO.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Afrobaron
Tourer

I was sizing up the bag dimensions against my bike this morning before going to work and it does not look like there would be a way to mount the bags without removal of the rear signals, and even then the shock may prevent a close to fender mounting.

I think i may still be in the market for a licks solo type bag.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:04 PM
CAVSportster
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually just bought a pair of the GA Mutazu Hard Bags (theyre the squared ones) I think that the size of the bag fits the Sporty well, however, I dont trust the "mounting brackets" that came with the bags and I have been searching for a better mounting system. Ive been thinking of getting the "Bagger Tail Conversion Kit" but I have no clue if it would fit the GA Mutazu bags (the kit is so Harley Touring bags can be mounted on sportsters. Harley Touring bags are MUCH bigger than the Mutazu bags).
Other than that issue, Ive stuffed the bags with things that I would normally take on a ride and even some stuff I wouldnt take but just wanted to see if it would fit. They have plenty of room! I got a small cooler in one of them! And of course you cant beat the price. They are a little thin but they seem pretty durable to me. I dont plan on playing bumper cars or going off roading with these on so I think theyll hold up just fine to my daily commutes to and from work.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 250 Likes on 159 Posts

I ran a set of the Mutazu GA bags last year and mounted them with Edge Brackets. The bags lasted about 1500km until they started to crack. I think it was partly due to the full bags flexing as the Edge Brackets wiggled on their mounting posts. Either way, they're cheap bags and you get what you pay for. If I did it again, I'd shell out the cash for a set of the H-D Sportster Colour-Matched Bags.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:43 PM
CAVSportster
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I have a feeling that these mounts are gonna be the early downfall to these bags, thats why Im looking for something a little more stable. The bagger tail conversion kit seems to be the best solution, just kinda of funny how the mounts will cost me more than the bags!

Old 10-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Afrobaron
Tourer

Either of you have a picture of that bag on the Sportster?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mutazu Hard Bags