Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help installing Memphis Gauntlet Fairing on my iron 883

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Daddy_J
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Need Help installing Memphis Gauntlet Fairing on my iron 883

I cant find instructions on installing this fairing. I just laid it over the bike to see how it lays but i notice my turn signals diapered and im not sure if i will get cable interference with the fairing.

I contacted Memphis but they are closed already will try again tomorrow as their site does not have install instructions for this model of fairing.

If anyone here has it or knows how the install works with pictures please help me out. I have the mounting kit as well that was the easy part. I really want this on the bike ASAP.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:30 PM
elfnyc
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

photos of it are here

http://www.memphisshades.com/harley-...untlet-fairing

looks like the cables are ok , only thing i notice are the blinkers are relocated but the website does not call for relocation

Old 06-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Daddy_J
Cruiser

Thanks already been there and saw that but I want to see install instructions. Ill be relocating the turn lights anyway but I want to see how the fairing is installed. visual and info helps more than just seeing it already on the bike.

thanks for the effort do.

Originally Posted by elfnyc
photos of it are here

http://www.memphisshades.com/harley-...untlet-fairing

looks like the cables are ok , only thing i notice are the blinkers are relocated but the website does not call for relocation

Old 06-11-2013, 11:30 PM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Did you get the fairing and mounting hardware? if so, the hardware shows you how to install it

Mine has been great so far

Name:  48_zps58cf0814.jpg
Views: 10289
Size:  81.9 KB

Old 06-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Daddy_J
Cruiser

Did you have to move any of the cables? I see you dont have front turn signals on yours at lest from the image.

The mounting hardware came with instructions but thing for the actual fairing. I guess I can just try and mount the sucker fully and see if cables (clutch, throttle cables i should say) are in the way or not.

Originally Posted by BMCsteve
Did you get the fairing and mounting hardware? if so, the hardware shows you how to install it

Mine has been great so far

Old 06-12-2013, 10:33 AM
BMCsteve
Road Master

Originally Posted by JDiron883
Did you have to move any of the cables? I see you dont have front turn signals on yours at lest from the image.

The mounting hardware came with instructions but thing for the actual fairing. I guess I can just try and mount the sucker fully and see if cables (clutch, throttle cables i should say) are in the way or not.
I'll take a pic when I get home for you. Basically you just tuck the wires inside the fairing. Be careful with the throttle cable, you cant bed that or it will stick

Old 06-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Daddy_J
Cruiser

Awesome and Thanks. I just moved to Tracy so wanted this on besides it looking awesome also to help kill some wind with the commute to fremont. Looks awesome on yours by the way.

I'll take a pic when I get home for you. Basically you just tuck the wires inside the fairing. Be careful with the throttle cable, you cant bed that or it will stick

Old 06-12-2013, 11:45 AM
BMCsteve
Road Master

Originally Posted by JDiron883
Awesome and Thanks. I just moved to Tracy so wanted this on besides it looking awesome also to help kill some wind with the commute to fremont. Looks awesome on yours by the way.
Nice man. I just moved to Pleasant Hill. let me know if you ever wanna meet up in the East Bay

Old 06-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Daddy_J
Cruiser

Will do always looking for others to ride with especially with the same bike. Would love to see like 10 strong 883's rolling on the road for a ride day.

Nice man. I just moved to Pleasant Hill. let me know if you ever wanna meet up in the East Bay

Old 06-12-2013, 11:55 AM
xhellionx
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

off topic, but my office is in Pleasanton, CA so i cruise up there from time to time. PARTY! lol. i used to live in San Ramon off of Bollinger Canyon at the top of the hill by the Club Sport gym. word.

love the fairing by the way!

Quick Reply: Need Help installing Memphis Gauntlet Fairing on my iron 883