Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BlkSheep's Iron

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 05:44 AM
BlkSheep
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wachuko
Bike is coming along great! Can't wait to see the latest set of mods in place.

So you had to do the fender swap just for the inspection!!?? And that is a one time thing?
Ya it is a one time Federal inspection that needs to be completed once and must be within 45 days of importing the bike! After that is it just the provincial laws and inspection. And the specifics of " genuine hd part installed by an authorized HD dealer with receipt" is clearly a questionable requirement.

However it ensures that Deeley Harley gets their $$$ from the sale of any HD that is brought into the country. This year they noe require the Canadian model tail light, speedo, and stock exhaust! They are trying hard to deter purchases of Harley's south of the border! They refuse to lower prices though!

Old 09-10-2013, 06:50 AM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkSheep
...Custom Dynamics LED front/rear turn signals...
Which LED's did you get from CD? I opted for the Dynamic Ringz in the front and regular reds for the rear, with clear lens' all around. I can't believe how bright the 'Ringz are, they're practically driving lights, and the rears pop like mad when hitting the directionals or brakes. And with the clear lens'? When I had the stock amber/red ones on, every time I looked at my bike it seemed that my eyes would automatically go to them because of the obvious color difference, but with the clear lens covers the LED clusters themselves blend in with the bike and almost disappear when it's not on.

I think the Custom Dynamics LED's are a great addition to any bike because they definately get you noticed more efficiently than any stock lights I've ever seen, and are worth the price paid. 'You happy with them too?

=8^)

Old 09-10-2013, 09:35 AM
The_Dude_883
Intermediate

What's the center width on your handlebars? I'm looking to put some apes on mine, I just can't decide which pair to get. One has an 8" center width, and the other a 3 1/2" center width.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:18 PM
BlkSheep
Tourer

Here are the photos of the changes to the wire tuck I did after decided I did not like the look of the exposed splice loom with partial silicone taping.

It now sits as depicted below, all splice loom fully taped with the silicone tape, and all of the plastic wiring harness removed.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:26 PM
BlkSheep
Tourer

Originally Posted by The_Dude_883
What's the center width on your handlebars? I'm looking to put some apes on mine, I just can't decide which pair to get. One has an 8" center width, and the other a 3 1/2" center width.
The bars currently on my bike are 12" width at the bottom and are 32"width at the top (end to end). I have no idea what bars these are.

The bars I will be putting on are 12" Holy Rollers from Road6Customs. They are 9" width at the bottom and are 31" width at the top (end to end). I have yet to install these but here is a picture of them as they sit on top of my freezer awaiting install.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:32 PM
BlkSheep
Tourer

Originally Posted by DrewBone
Which LED's did you get from CD? .....
Drew, I opted for the Rings as well and I plan on using with my smoked lenses I have in the front now and the red lenses I have in the rear. The rear lenses are part of the turn signal visor trim ring, and I want to keep these.

I did order clear lenses from Custom Dynamics for the front and rear in the event that I want to try that out for greater/increased visibility.

I have heard nothing but good things about them from wachuko and others, so I am looking forward to finding out for myself.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:48 PM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Drew, I opted for the Rings as well and I plan on using with my smoked lenses I have in the front now and the red lenses I have in the rear. The rear lenses are part of the turn signal visor trim ring, and I want to keep these.

I did order clear lenses from Custom Dynamics for the front and rear in the event that I want to try that out for greater/increased visibility.

I have heard nothing but good things about them from wachuko and others, so I am looking forward to finding out for myself.
As you know I'm stupid about alot of things, LOL, and one of the things I'm most stupid about is being seen on the road! A while back when I began thinking about better lighting up popped a couple posts here on this board about Custom Dynamics LED products, and the pics looked pretty good. But I gotta' tell you, those pics really didn't do the lights any real justice, because they're as bright as all get out when you see them in person. When I recieved them the first thing I did was look them over real good, and it was readily apparent that they were of very good quality...seemed to match their lifetime warranty!

The one thing I hemmed and whored over for a while before I ordered them was the different lens cover combinations...do I keep the red lenses in the rear? Go smoked? Nah, the smoked seemed over played a bit, so I decided what could be better than letting the full color saturation and brightness of light through? Clear! So clear it was for the lens covers.

I never did get around to taking any night pics but here's some daytime shots I posted a while back of them on the Iron, so you can get an idea of how the clear lenses look with the clear LED's...I think they blend in quite well.

=8^)

Old 09-11-2013, 08:31 AM
beringer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well done Blksheep, all the mods are looking good...Apart from one, I just don't get it with 'Tank lifts' why do people do it on any Harley, I think it completely changes the whole look and lines of a bike, and personally not for the better imo, the fuel tank ends up looking perched on something as though you have taken it off to do a job, and then not put it back properly....Im never gonna understand that one....

Old 09-11-2013, 09:21 AM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts
Cool

You did a great job!!

I promised I will leave it alone, but I can't... the work you did is too good to not address some little things here and there... feel free to send me to hell for pointing them out, but I think these are easy to do and will make it look even better. I just wish my comes out looking as good as yours when I redo/replace the normal electrical tape with silcone tape.

1. Twist the tie-wrap so that the connector points to the inside or down. So you can't see it on a side profile.

2. Move the Switch wires to the inside of the fuel vent line. Tie-wrap together. Fuel pump wire, tie-wrap on the center frame support so that it lifts from the cylinder heads.

Here are the photos of the changes to the wire tuck I did after decided I did not like the look of the exposed splice loom with partial silicone taping.

It now sits as depicted below, all splice loom fully taped with the silicone tape, and all of the plastic wiring harness removed.

Again, hope you take this the right way... and tell me to f* off if you don't

Last edited by wachuko; 09-11-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:48 AM
DK Custom Products
Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Hey... bike looks great!!! You did a good job on those mods... and you say that your not a "wrench". lol Congrats on the great work!!

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Quick Reply: BlkSheep's Iron