Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

screaming eagle vs vance & hines

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 04:31 AM
2wheels4me
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: screaming eagle vs vance & hines

I like my Cycle Shack slipons. Cheap way to add horsepower.Vance and Hines look and soundcool, but lack in the performance department. All depends on what you want. The new SE pipes are crap, stay away from anything the Stealer tries to sell you.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:50 AM
davidc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like my Cycle Shack slipons. Cheap way to add horsepower.Vance and Hines look and soundcool, but lack in the performance department. All depends on what you want. The new SE pipes are crap, stay away from anything the Stealer tries to sell you.

????? what is this comment based on? Vance and Hines make some of the best pipes and mufflers availible. I have Vance and Hines pipes on my bike and they sure don't seem to be lacking in the performace dept. I have freinds that have them on a 2006 SE Fatboy, 2006 Street bob, and another friend with a 1200 sportster that had Cycle shack slip on that changed them to VH slip on because he did not like the quality of the chrome and they sounded tinny. When he took them off he offered them to me, but I bought new short shots instead, because IMO the cycle shack mufflers look cheap.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:12 PM
King Kong Sportster
Advanced

Of course im pretty sure that most of our bikes sound great at idle. But I just love the way my v&h exhausts sound when Im going thru the gears. If it sounds that good to me with helmet on and ridding, imagine what other people hear as I amproaching them and passing them by

Old 03-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Dirtrace95
Cruiser

Areally nice slip-on that looks great and really makes power is the S&S slash cut slip-on. They were worth a solid 5hp over the SE slip-ons. They done in show chrome also. Very high quality. And sound greta too.

Old 03-11-2007, 05:56 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

People always believe on what they have, whatever they own is seemed to be the best, the others are crap. The review is based on his feeling, just like a frog on the bottom of a well, it can only see so much. True enough? By the way, I am happy with my SEII slip-on because they are crap.

ORIGINAL: davidc

I like my Cycle Shack slipons. Cheap way to add horsepower. Vance and Hines look and sound cool, but lack in the performance department. All depends on what you want. The new SE pipes are crap, stay away from anything the Stealer tries to sell you.

????? what is this comment based on? Vance and Hines make some of the best pipes and mufflers availible. I have Vance and Hines pipes on my bike and they sure don't seem to be lacking in the performace dept. I have freinds that have them on a 2006 SE Fatboy, 2006 Street bob, and another friend with a 1200 sportster that had Cycle shack slip on that changed them to VH slip on because he did not like the quality of the chrome and they sounded tinny. When he took them off he offered them to me, but I bought new short shots instead, because IMO the cycle shack mufflers look cheap.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:17 PM
bdavis
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Anything is better than stock.

Barry

Old 03-11-2007, 06:17 PM
MikeOK
Advanced

I would like to follow this thread if you don't mind. I absolutely love load Harley pipes, however I need to keep mine a little quieter. Is there an easy way to get maybe 15-20% morevolume on the stockers? '07 1200N

Old 03-11-2007, 07:17 PM
King Kong Sportster
Advanced

ive heard about removing the baffles from the stock mufflers. but im in no way and expert when it comes to that. Seen a couple videos thou. Maybe just a little louder than what u are looking for. Then again im no expert.

Old 03-11-2007, 07:47 PM
IronLegend
Tourer

[quote]ORIGINAL: 128auto

People always believe on what they have, whatever they own is seemed to be the best, the others are crap. The review is based on his feeling, just like a frog on the bottom of a well, it can only see so much. True enough? By the way, I am happy with my SEII slip-on because they are crap.

I'm happy with my 'crappy' SE11 slip-on'salso, won't change.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:21 PM
LOTHAR
Cruiser

My dealer drilled out my baffles on my stock pipes when he did the stage I. I like the look of the stock pipes, the sound is great and she goes.

Quick Reply: screaming eagle vs vance & hines