Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PICS:Roland Sands Designs Slant exhaust pipe 2 into 1

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 11:14 PM
Imus
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grancuda
This pipe is better than 2 into 2 pipes. It makes better mid range power than 2/2 pipes. It is a stepped header that goes 2 into 1. That is the design of pipes for better power. It may not be as good as the patriot but I am not going to run a patriot, just doesn't look good in my opinion, bulky & huge collector pipe.
I'm not so sure it's better than a 2 into 2 when you look at how some 2 into 2's did in Hammers testing

Old 11-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Hopscotch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard, don't know if its true, that 2 into 1s are much more if an increase for big twins than they are sportsters.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:17 AM
grancuda
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Imus
I think it's a great looking pipe too but only buy it if you don't care about power

Originally Posted by Imus
I'm not so sure it's better than a 2 into 2 when you look at how some 2 into 2's did in Hammers testing

Thanks, yes, the graphs show what I am talking about. The 2 into 1 has better mid range, the RSD Slant has better mid range than the Patriot too. Also, my bike only revs to 5800, not 7500.

Look at the graph with the Short Shots, the power dips at 3300rpm to 5000 rpm, which is right where most riding is done.

Look at the graph with the Side Shots, the power dips at 3450 rpm to 4700 rpm, again which is right where most riding is done but the Side Shots aren’t as bad as the Short Shots as they have a chamber that connects the 2 so they aren’t a true 2/2 system so that helps them a little.

Look at the graph with the RSD Slant, the power gains at 3150 to 4800 rpm, which it perfect for actual riding conditions. These gains are on top of the Patriot, using it as a base line. If you took the Short Shots graph and laid it over just the RSD Slant it would show a huge gain in the area of the rpm where you actually ride and want power.
with the Slant pipe.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:20 AM
grancuda
Road Master

Originally Posted by Hopscotch
I've heard, don't know if its true, that 2 into 1s are much more if an increase for big twins than they are sportsters.
No, its the same with Sportsters, 2 into 1 are better for midrange on both big twin and Sportsters. Same general design motor. That is why Buell used 2 into 1, they wanted the most power out of the motor.

Back on track, Lets see pics of different bikes with the RSD Slant. Its been out a while but not many pics on bikes out there yet.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:34 AM
grancuda
Road Master
Old 11-25-2013, 09:00 AM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by grancuda
Took some pics today. The pipe hugs the motor pretty tight, the short shots stuck out further or at least that's how it feels when on the bike.

grancuda, sweet looking bike man - but those struts would kill my sorry a$$!!! Liking the pipes too which is odd because I'm not a real fan of 2 into 1's? 'Must be getting older than I thought, LOL. And at first I though you had clip-ons, but a closer look revealed they're stock bars flipped, or? Anyway like I said, nice bike! And is that a Mopar in the garage?

=8^)

Old 11-25-2013, 10:20 AM
JaySwear
Road Captain

I really like those bars, what are they? Nice bike

Old 11-25-2013, 12:34 PM
grancuda
Road Master

Originally Posted by DrewBone
grancuda, sweet looking bike man - but those struts would kill my sorry a$$!!! Liking the pipes too which is odd because I'm not a real fan of 2 into 1's? 'Must be getting older than I thought, LOL. And at first I though you had clip-ons, but a closer look revealed they're stock bars flipped, or? Anyway like I said, nice bike! And is that a Mopar in the garage?
Originally Posted by JaySwear
I really like those bars, what are they? Nice bike
I had RSD clip-ons originally. I have swapped those out for some KromeWerks low drag bars which have approx 2" of rise and I think were 26" wide. They are nice and narrow and with the Biltwell Slimline risers they are only 1" higher than the clip-ons were. I just like the older look of fipped bars vs the clip-ons.

Yeah, that's a '69 RoadRunner in the garage.

Old 11-25-2013, 02:32 PM
Simon Lam
Cruiser

Originally Posted by huyrua
anyone happen to knwo what headlight is on this?

Old 11-25-2013, 04:39 PM
huyrua
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simon Lam, they are Cobra 2 headlight bucket. I got the harley 5 3/4" daymaker tucked inside. The bucket was powdercoated wrinkle black to match the motor

Quick Reply: PICS:Roland Sands Designs Slant exhaust pipe 2 into 1