Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Club/Thug style Sportster?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 10:07 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Who stepped on the dogs tail? Barking like crazy. Bud I told you what I thought of the name not the style of bike. I like the last 2 you got besides the fairing. I think its a fad that will be like a wide tire bike but that's my 2 cents. You asked what someone constitutes as one but then go all gangsta talk after a few don't know wtf you are really talking about.

Old 01-31-2014, 10:19 PM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 711 Likes on 328 Posts

Look, if the thread was how to install a fork bag or flip your mirrors or which headlight bulb is best or check out my new short shots I'd say your input is much needed. But I've read through your posts and the other barking dogs that have posted here and honestly I'm not sure why you even stopped here. Just to up your post count? The mods are probably gonna lock this due to our lame *** bickering so hopefully someone will post some decent pics soon. If not ah well, one more attempt at a decent thread gone south.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:53 PM
Lucky McGruff
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know of I can upload photos from my
Phone but if these work this is my bike maybe it falls into your club style thing but here is mine.

[IMG][/IMG]

Name:  image_zpsb3552b3e.jpg
Views: 13087
Size:  96.4 KB

Last edited by Lucky McGruff; 01-31-2014 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Photos didn't work
Old 02-01-2014, 07:44 AM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Girls, GIRLS!!! LOL. Between the macho bull$hit spewed by guys who'll rip your head off if you look at them the wrong way and the panti-liner wearin' Monostat 7 addicts I see here lately on a daily basis with their easily bruised manginas, it's getting difficult to come here and participate! WTF is going on with this place!!?? Are we men or freakin' pansies??!! Threads go sideways all the time...so what?! This ain't nobody's personal playground, so if you don't like something someone has to say, either start up your own discussion board or get over it! What sense does it make to get your panty's all up in a bunch, over some stupid crap? You mean not everyone aligns with your persective? O.M.G. Are you that sensitive?? Man the F up people!!!

I'll just watch the thread devolve further, it's rather entertaining !!

Oh all I know about the bikes you're inquiring about is what I heard once on the internet...that these club and thug bikes are usually found parked in front of places like the Blue Oyster Bar...you're not a cop, are you?

[Lighten up Francis]

=8^)

Old 02-01-2014, 08:27 AM
MrGood
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jus VenOm bRo Club/Thug style Sportster?-image-304233287.jpg

Old 02-01-2014, 08:43 AM
ib5150
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DrewBone
Oh all I know about the bikes you're inquiring about is what I heard once on the internet...that these club and thug bikes are usually found parked in front of places like the Blue Oyster Bar...you're not a cop, are you?

[Lighten up Francis]

=8^)
LOL, I never heard the term Club/Thug Bike when someone was talking about a Harley, I know the front small fairing and bars were made somewhat famous by the show Sons of Anarchy but that still doesn't explain the club or thug look to me. Furthermore, I have seen many bikes close to the look of the original posters photos but typically they are called Harley's, sportster, my bike or something close to that I have never heard them called Club/Thug?

My guess is a small group of Sportster and/or Dyna riders make their bikes look a certain way and call them club/thug bikes and to them it makes sense but to an old guy like myself it just looks like a Harley fixed up the way the owner wanted it.

I find it funny when someone posts on the forums and then they don't get the responses they hoped for, it isn't because others are being mean typically it is because they have no clue on what the hell the poster is saying or trying to relay, I have to agree with Drewbone on this one- if you wear your feelings on your shoulder be prepared to have them knocked off once in a while. The photo Drew put up is exactly what I thought of when I heard the term club/thug... sorry - Just being honest!

Old 02-01-2014, 10:53 AM
shiftace
Road Warrior
Received 711 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky McGruff
Don't know of I can upload photos from my
Phone but if these work this is my bike maybe it falls into your club style thing but here is mine.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks McGruff. Nice bike. Makes the last 8-9 dipshit posts all worth it.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:11 PM
Dog812
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

off topic.... is that biltwell seat comfy? rider ? passenger? do you slide around a lot?

Old 02-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Lucky McGruff
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Biltwell seat is narrow, but I dig that. Super low profile. It is like every other seat I have had, about 500 miles on it and you will love it. Takes a little getting used to but once it breaks in it is sweet. I ride 2up a lot on it and it is fine, my girl doesn't slide around or complain, done a 300 mile trip with her on the back and she never bitched.

Quick disclaimer: I weigh 155lbs and my girl weighs 96lbs, so I cannot confirm that every girl will like it. I can run my burly slammer shocks with both of us two up and never bottom out, so someone with more weight might hate riding on it.

Old 02-01-2014, 06:29 PM
BlkSheep
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Club or thug bike refers to the styling he mentioned! T- bars with small fairing! The look that motorcycle clubs (OMG) in Cali have used for countless years to assist with driving conditions!

Mids are often (always) part of this. High slender bars that clear side mirrors, mids for control, and the fairing to help as the bike is used short and long haul. Traffic and lane splitting on a bike requires a certain styling for practical purposes. It was an evolution to get there.

This look has been made well known due to SOA but the look was around years before SOA was even a thought in Kurt Sutter's mind. The west coast HA inspired and influenced the look of bikes in real life and on this show.

The bike is normally a Dyna when discussing the "thug/club" bike. Personally "thug" isn't a great term but "club" would be more accurate. It really only has meaning to those that follow or pay attention to the OMG world.

McGruff's bike is as close as I've seen a sportster get.

Quick Reply: Club/Thug style Sportster?