Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lookin at a Seventy Two

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 10:55 PM
mopeman-72HD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin at a Seventy Two

Hey guys, well I'm looking at the Seventy Two, I have been doing a lot of research and comparing between other sportster models. I really like the chopper look to them and the laced 21" front wheel, but not really crazy about the all the chrome. I think I can tone down the chrome a little which won't be a big deal for me. I am really torn about the color though. Between the two closest dealers to me, they have a used denim black, new big blue pearl, new chrome yellow, new coloma gold and new big red flake. I know I can't live the two yellow colors, and really leaning more toward the big blue because it's not as common as the black, but the old lady doesn't think the blue goes good with the flat black I want to add to the bike. It also seems that the Seventy Two's are not really as popular here than the 48's, which I think are a good looking bike too, if I didn't have to replace as many parts on one of those than a Seventy Two I might go with one. To damn many choices out there!

Old 02-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Rootro
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a SG and save your time.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:36 PM
edgeofinsanity
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rootro
Nah, don't get a grandpa bike...

You can always plasti-dip your parts black, its not permanent and it's not as expensive as replacing parts, unless you are trading part for part with someone.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:55 PM
jdub099
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Rootro
A guy comes into a Sportster forum and asks about a Sportster and is told to buy a Street Glide? What am I missing here?

Last edited by jdub099; 02-14-2014 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:05 PM
Blackhawk48
Tourer

I personally think you'll love the Deep Blue Pearl. My dad has a Breakout in that color and it looks really nice in sunlight. Plus I think flat black looks great with blue. Just in my opinion anyway.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:35 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by mopeman-72HD
Hey guys, well I'm looking at the Seventy Two, I have been doing a lot of research and comparing between other sportster models. I really like the chopper look to them and the laced 21" front wheel, but not really crazy about the all the chrome. I think I can tone down the chrome a little which won't be a big deal for me. I am really torn about the color though. Between the two closest dealers to me, they have a used denim black, new big blue pearl, new chrome yellow, new coloma gold and new big red flake. I know I can't live the two yellow colors, and really leaning more toward the big blue because it's not as common as the black, but the old lady doesn't think the blue goes good with the flat black I want to add to the bike. It also seems that the Seventy Two's are not really as popular here than the 48's, which I think are a good looking bike too, if I didn't have to replace as many parts on one of those than a Seventy Two I might go with one. To damn many choices out there!
Have fun shopping!

Up until a few years ago every HD I'd ever owned were all black...now I have NO black ones. lol

All in the eye of the beholder.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 02-15-2014, 02:41 AM
Sweforty8
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The blue goes great with flat black! Show her a 48 in that blue colour and she will prob change her mind about the col combo.
If it was me...I'd definitely go for the Coloma gold or the red flake, what great flirt with the 70s

Old 02-15-2014, 01:18 PM
mydogfarted
Tourer

I love my Chrome Yellow because it's not a common color around here - I get people asking me all the time who did the custom paint. If I had to choose a second color, I'd do the red flake. The blue is nice, but I think the Hard Candy colors fit the look of the 72 so much better.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:12 PM
Scrambler900
Road Captain

The flake colors are where it's at with the 72 no question. They all look good and fit the look of the bike. I had my heart set on a black one till I went to look at it and there was a Gold Flake sitting next to it. Bought it on the spot.

Old 02-15-2014, 03:16 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Both the red & blue would go well with black accents...yelly looks good too (aka "Bumble Bee"). It's a coin toss, but don't let the OL pick your color...you're the one behind the bars, right?

Quick Reply: Lookin at a Seventy Two