Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LAF's on my 2014 48.

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Leonards48
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GodAbandonedMe
Yea def let me know about the baffles, I didn't think any would fit. I have torque cones in the heads and still getting some bad decel pop, so I might try doubling up with the dk lollipops. I think I have to keep the head cones think that's the only thing adding enough space to stop the front o2 sensor from getting crushed. Did yours have the 18mm an you get the 12 adapter? If so I imagine they must be in a different spot cause mine are 12mm an there's only a space the size of a hair I can't see them fitting if the ports are in the same spot on the front pipe. Keep me updated I'll msg you if I learn anything.
Yeah I bought the 12mm adapters for them. Mine fit fine and I had plenty of space for them. I bought a set of torque cones too, but they didn't seem to seat right so that's why I'm gonna go with the baffles and TTI's. I'm going to try a variation of combos with them and see which works/sounds best. Maybe if I can figure out how to put a video on here I'll take one and show the differences.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:00 AM
GodAbandonedMe
Cruiser

I orig was getting pipes with the 18 and the adapters but don't remember where the front o2 sensor bung location was. A guy at the shop mentioned they had them with 12mm bungs so I grabbed them. My front o2 sensor bung sits right next to the next to the case in front of the oil filter. W/out the header torque cones the brass sensor was rubbing. I'm going to order 4' baffles today I read a review on JP that said with some finagling they'll fit hopefully with the cones that will stop the decel pop

Old 04-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Leonards48
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GodAbandonedMe
I orig was getting pipes with the 18 and the adapters but don't remember where the front o2 sensor bung location was. A guy at the shop mentioned they had them with 12mm bungs so I grabbed them. My front o2 sensor bung sits right next to the next to the case in front of the oil filter. W/out the header torque cones the brass sensor was rubbing. I'm going to order 4' baffles today I read a review on JP that said with some finagling they'll fit hopefully with the cones that will stop the decel pop
Yeah I ordered the pipes with the 18mm bungs and just bought the adapters. Worked out well. I ordered 4" baffles too. I hope it's not too much of a pain to get in with that slight curve at the openings of the exhaust. Time will tell.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:08 AM
MBLOLYFE
Cruiser

Are those 2" or 1 3/4?, I have a 2012 48 Im looking to put this on with black exhaust wrap.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:12 AM
MBLOLYFE
Cruiser

Also, did you do a download for the new pipes or are you running a tuner?

Old 04-08-2014, 10:37 AM
GodAbandonedMe
Cruiser

Originally Posted by MBLOLYFE
Are those 2" or 1 3/4?, I have a 2012 48 Im looking to put this on with black exhaust wrap.
1.75 pipes. No tuner yet. In about 2 weeks I'll be changing the a/c when I do I'll get an xied

Old 04-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Leonards48
Intermediate

Yeah exactly what GodAbandonedMe said. Once I put an A/C on, I'll be getting and XIED for mine too.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:16 PM
Boo_STI_ng
2nd Gear

How are these pipes doing now? I just bought my first Harley (14' Forty Eight) and picked up some LAF Drag Pipes off of EBay along with some torque cones, but am worried about running them with no tuner. They will be my only mods. Will it be okay? I want a really loud and aggressive exhaust, but would rather not jeopardize the health of my brand new bike.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:04 AM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Boo_STI_ng
How are these pipes doing now? I just bought my first Harley (14' Forty Eight) and picked up some LAF Drag Pipes off of EBay along with some torque cones, but am worried about running them with no tuner. They will be my only mods. Will it be okay? I want a really loud and aggressive exhaust, but would rather not jeopardize the health of my brand new bike.
'Rule of thumb is as follows:

Add just exhaust, no need to re-tune.
Add just an intake, no need to re-tune.

Add BOTH and yes you need to retune or at bare minimum go with a set of XiED's to help lessen the previously existing factory lean condition, or just go for the XiED's anyway regardless of any exhaust/intake mods or lack thereof.

The torque cones will help to bring back some of the low end torque you are absolutely going to be losing with those pipes. Loud and obnoxious they will be, until of course you get tired of them and decide on spending your hard earned sheckles on performance items like cams, headwork, 2 into 1 exhaust, a dedicated tuner like the Power Vision, etc., instead of simply making noise

=8^)

Old 12-21-2014, 08:00 PM
02gsxxr
Stage II

Just wondering if either of you had any update on how these pipes are working for you... I just installed a set on my 48' and haven't had a chance to do any plug readings do to winter weather... looking how the DKcustom TTI worked for you...

Thanks

Quick Reply: LAF's on my 2014 48.