Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LAF's on my 2014 48.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 08:46 PM
GodAbandonedMe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LAF's on my 2014 48.

Ok so I picked up a set of Santee LAF pipes from American Classic Motors. Nice guys. Super tight fit. These have 12mm o2 bungs so suspect they're made for dynas n big twins. Rear pipe is throwing a few flames, is this a problem or just cause it's short? Didn't put torque cones in but will ride a bunch tmrw. Kinda new at this so I don't really know if I need them or not. Any help? Also ordered some stuff from DK Customs (super nice lady I talked to) quarter racer bars from zombie performance an biltwell grips. I know exhaust is a topic all the time can anyone just tell me of its safe to run these w/out burning a valve out or anything else? Thanks

Old 04-05-2014, 02:49 PM
DK Custom Products
Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Well, it is so nice that others think I am super nice!!! I'm so going to tell everyone at the office!!!!

That's assuming you talked to me, it could have been Dawn, lol.

Either way would love to see pics once everything is installed.

Let us know if you need anything!!

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 04-05-2014, 11:15 PM
GodAbandonedMe
Cruiser

Got my pipes on with torque cones. Some decel pop but not to worried about it. Have to take the old bracket off the bottom and also a pic of a headlight bracket I put together and have to paint tmrw. Was thinking black with maybe brass accents in the small holes or just cut them off.

Old 04-06-2014, 04:46 PM
MBLOLYFE
Cruiser

How do they sound? Have a clip you could post of them at idle and and couple of revs? Maybe even you riding by somebody videoing! Thanks!

Old 04-06-2014, 05:12 PM
chappy99
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes i would like to here them too,down here they would just have the bike towed away.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:49 PM
GodAbandonedMe
Cruiser

They are obnoxiously loud. Does photobucket let you do video clips? I'll try an figure something out. I live in the city (Phila) so everything is close quarters and have only had it in 5th for a few secs when your cruising it's bearable but still really really loud.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:58 PM
GodAbandonedMe
Cruiser

Let's see if this works...

http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/Seth_48/media/Mobile%20Uploads/trim52BA1281-E671-44C6-9095-1B4C71406766_zps20e4fae9.mp4.html

Old 04-06-2014, 06:06 PM
GodAbandonedMe
Cruiser

Think if you copy an paste the link it should work

Old 04-06-2014, 07:25 PM
Leonards48
Intermediate

I just put the same pipes on my '14 48. Like dude said, they're obnoxious! I live out on country roads so I've been able to open it up a bit and if you let off on decel it snaps, crackles, and pops all the way down. I don't mind a bit of that, but I know it'll get annoying after a while, so I ordered some of the thunder torque inserts from DK and also bought some 4" baffles off of ebay. Hoping to get some back pressure and minimize the "over the top" noise of them. I think once toned down a bit, they'll sound pretty nice. I have a vid of the bike running, but even on my iPhone, it just doesn't do them justice. I'll check in on this thread once I try out the baffles and inserts and give my 2 cents...

Old 04-06-2014, 09:58 PM
GodAbandonedMe
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Leonards48
I just put the same pipes on my '14 48. Like dude said, they're obnoxious! I live out on country roads so I've been able to open it up a bit and if you let off on decel it snaps, crackles, and pops all the way down. I don't mind a bit of that, but I know it'll get annoying after a while, so I ordered some of the thunder torque inserts from DK and also bought some 4" baffles off of ebay. Hoping to get some back pressure and minimize the "over the top" noise of them. I think once toned down a bit, they'll sound pretty nice. I have a vid of the bike running, but even on my iPhone, it just doesn't do them justice. I'll check in on this thread once I try out the baffles and inserts and give my 2 cents...
Yea def let me know about the baffles, I didn't think any would fit. I have torque cones in the heads and still getting some bad decel pop, so I might try doubling up with the dk lollipops. I think I have to keep the head cones think that's the only thing adding enough space to stop the front o2 sensor from getting crushed. Did yours have the 18mm an you get the 12 adapter? If so I imagine they must be in a different spot cause mine are 12mm an there's only a space the size of a hair I can't see them fitting if the ports are in the same spot on the front pipe. Keep me updated I'll msg you if I learn anything.

Quick Reply: LAF's on my 2014 48.