Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rode the Sporty 883 for the 1st time !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Sportyrat
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is a beautiful color!

Old 04-09-2014, 09:46 PM
tunaman4u2
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a blue metallic... its freaking awesome. WAY better in the light

Old 04-14-2014, 09:20 AM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Stays Crunchy
You'll never outgrow your Sportster. I've been riding for 23+ years and I haven't outgrown my Sportster with regard to my experience/ability. I'm also 6' 7" tall and I haven't outgrown my Sportster with regard to my physical size either.

The Sportster's not a "small" bike anyway, in 883 or 1200 variety. I've owned plenty of bikes made in Japan, Italy, USA, England, and points in between that were all smaller than a Sportster, yet nobody ever called any of them small. It's small compared to an Electra Glide, sure, but it's not exactly like its a Honda Ruckus for God's sake.
LOL

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Post a picture of your giant 6'7" self on a Sportster. I need to see this.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:30 PM
tunaman4u2
Cruiser

I'll admit that bigger guys on this bike do look a bit odd. The same goes for small guys on an Ultra.

I really love this bike & its got all the power in the world for what I do. Hell the streets I ride I rarely get into 4th gear!

Its been a blast, it feels nimble & I FINALLY figured out the clutch after stalling the last 2 times I've ridden it in the middle of intersections! DOH !

Old 04-14-2014, 07:07 PM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by tunaman4u2
I'll admit that bigger guys on this bike do look a bit odd. The same goes for small guys on an Ultra.

I really love this bike & its got all the power in the world for what I do. Hell the streets I ride I rarely get into 4th gear!

Its been a blast, it feels nimble & I FINALLY figured out the clutch after stalling the last 2 times I've ridden it in the middle of intersections! DOH !
PM Sent...

Old 04-15-2014, 02:23 PM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Where is my picture!!!??

Old 04-15-2014, 08:11 PM
tunaman4u2
Cruiser

His camera fell in the Charles

Old 04-16-2014, 07:08 AM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by tunaman4u2

People are funny, ain't they?!

Your average crotch rocket has a wheelbase of less than 55"...hell, the Buell's were tiny at 52" or less, yet you never ever hear of anybody in the sportbike world saying that they're too big for their motorcycle? We've all seen them...6'-0"+ guys, some at nearly 250lbs. or better with their plumber's crack showing, on these things [300cc to 600cc's even] like white on rice...yet some in this community give out a rash of $hit for being big and riding a Sportster along with insisting that the 883 motor is a POS and that you're not a man unless you ride a 1200?

What a bunch of crapolla, 'shows the mentallity of some eh. Using that same mentallity there should be a disproportionate number of cars on the freeway that lack the "power" to pass and as such do nothing but cause accidents that clog the freeways 24/7? Balderdash. It's nothing but a case of them having to "compensate" for something. Like these iterates I see driving big pickup trucks that expect you to just move out of their way when they drive up your **** in the hammer lane that they're not even supposed to be in...and when you happen to see these types get out of their vehicle you'd swear they looked like Lord Farquaad getting off his horse...

The 883 engine is more than enough; as a rider, providing yourself with a safety margin is more important than getting from point A to point B in the shortest amount of time.

And yes indeedie, the Sportster is a nimble bike, well suited for your everyday commute and more than capable of getting you there on time, safely, and just about trouble free [nothing is immune to mechanical breakdown, even the mighty 1200cc, LOL].

If you're having some issues with the clutch, have at it in a parking lot to get used to the "friction zone"...where it hooks up and let's go, to where it becomes second nature and you don't even think about it. You will get there! Happy riding and please be safe!!

=8^)

Old 04-16-2014, 06:04 PM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jcallesano
Where is my picture!!!??

Originally Posted by DrewBone
People are funny, ain't they?!

Your average crotch rocket has a wheelbase of less than 55"...hell, the Buell's were tiny at 52" or less, yet you never ever hear of anybody in the sportbike world saying that they're too big for their motorcycle? We've all seen them...6'-0"+ guys, some at nearly 250lbs. or better with their plumber's crack showing, on these things [300cc to 600cc's even] like white on rice...yet some in this community give out a rash of $hit for being big and riding a Sportster along with insisting that the 883 motor is a POS and that you're not a man unless you ride a 1200?

What a bunch of crapolla, 'shows the mentallity of some eh. Using that same mentallity there should be a disproportionate number of cars on the freeway that lack the "power" to pass and as such do nothing but cause accidents that clog the freeways 24/7? Balderdash. It's nothing but a case of them having to "compensate" for something. Like these iterates I see driving big pickup trucks that expect you to just move out of their way when they drive up your **** in the hammer lane that they're not even supposed to be in...and when you happen to see these types get out of their vehicle you'd swear they looked like Lord Farquaad getting off his horse...

The 883 engine is more than enough; as a rider, providing yourself with a safety margin is more important than getting from point A to point B in the shortest amount of time.

And yes indeedie, the Sportster is a nimble bike, well suited for your everyday commute and more than capable of getting you there on time, safely, and just about trouble free [nothing is immune to mechanical breakdown, even the mighty 1200cc, LOL].

If you're having some issues with the clutch, have at it in a parking lot to get used to the "friction zone"...where it hooks up and let's go, to where it becomes second nature and you don't even think about it. You will get there! Happy riding and please be safe!!

=8^)
Well said DrewB...

Old 04-16-2014, 06:16 PM
kontiki
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,279 Likes on 1,155 Posts

Originally Posted by DrewBone

=8^)
Exactly. My Sportie has never let me down, gets me to work and back and I have a smile on my face when I get there.

Quick Reply: Rode the Sporty 883 for the 1st time !!