Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just the begining......

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 11:10 PM
amp713
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just the begining......

So as i mentioned in my first post I'm working on picking up my cousins 06 1200 once I get the house loan out of the way....

Ive already got a million things I wanna do as Ive grown up around hot rods, mechaniced for years, build my own hotrods race trucks and off road toys.... Ive wanted a bike for a while, the mod'in bug is in me, so it wont be staying very stock!

My question is knowing what you know now where would you start and is there anything i should address soon???

It has some VH shortshots in chrome and aftermarket air cleaner assembly. I have a different AC assembly I want but that can wait and Ill just post the short shots up for trade for the black set or a black 2 to 1. My cousin thinks it has a different carb too but ill have to verify. My first thoughts were relocate the spedo, headlight, ignition switch, perform a wire tuck and get a new seat. I also will be plastidippin some some stuff black to see if it will turn out as good as i think it will. Im kinda a light freak, my duramax is mod'd to kick on high's, low's, fog's, and DRL's all at the same time when i flip to high beam mode and all of the bulbs are a better quality bulb. Was lookin towards the HD led light, i dont trust ballasts and like the look of the LED but have heard a FEW bad reviews but not many..... But at 399 or so its worth asking twice!

Also my other concern is my cousin had the closest harley shop work on the bike last, they are not known for great work and we think they cross threaded the oil dipstick assembly. He said he cant get it out at all, I have some small mechanic tricks to try but wanted to see if anyone has encountered this......

Thanks all

AMP.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:30 PM
bikergal
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why did you start a new thread? Keep it "simple" and leave it all in one thread. Makes it easier to follow your story as well