Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo Seats...pics?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Queen-of-Clubs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,334 Likes on 536 Posts
Default Solo Seats...pics?

Anyone willing to post some pics of your solo seats? I'm trying to make up my mind about which one I want and I want to see what they look like on your Sportys....I have a 1200 Custom. Most of the ones Im finding online don't have pics of them actually on the bikes. Thanks!!

Old 07-09-2014, 09:07 PM
tradryan
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a low miles stock seat from a nightster for my custom for a while, check out my profile for a photo. Also, the seat is for sale... PM me if interested. I went back to stock since I ride two-up often enough to not feel like switching them around.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 324 Posts

Top pic, LePera Silhouette
Bottom pic, Biltwell Cafe

Last edited by Mike Lawless; 07-09-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:59 PM
grancuda
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You have solid or rubber mount motor?

Here is a Lepera bare Bonea on my 'o9 XL1200N

Old 07-09-2014, 11:47 PM
Deadman69
Advanced

While I appreciate your post, having never seen your ***, there are some determining factors that should be taken into consideration before taking the big plunge.

Weight. A person with more natural padding should choose a seat with less padding, these people naturally do not need more cushion, nobody wants to see that. While someone with less natural cushion may opt for more cushion. There is an obvious weight to cushion ratio that should be observed

The next factor should be the width of the saddle. A person with shorter legs should consider a saddle shorter in the nose area to be able to plant their feet firmly on the ground. Also, one with larger thighs (thunder thighs) should also choose a narrower seat to avoid the dreaded and much joked about 'thigh jiggle'. In my case, I choose a wider saddle to avoid burning my manhood on the exhaust. If you are feeling pressure in the front of the seat, I would strongly advise the Vibe-Rider option which has been enjoyed by many.

The next factor should be the material of the padding. Gel can get hot in the summer. There have been several cases reported of a burning sensation. Soft gel has a tendency to go places it shouldn't, and can give the sensation of wearing a diaper. Desirable by some, disliked by some, but can at times be comforting. Also be aware of the danger of getting off your bike and having your butt soaked in sweat, a look that is similar in look to peeing your pants, a potentially a humiliating situation for some. Foam padding can be good or bad. Especially do not buy used memory foam, as it has a memory of its own and will not recognize your ***, only the previous owners ***.

Inlays on the seat can cause problems. Sit on a flaming seat, you get the idea. It's hot! A tribal design is nice until the local Indian reservation finds out about it and claims it as their own sacred seat and confiscates it from you. Seen it happen many times. Be careful with this aspect.

These are just a few factors to consider before making your big purchase. I reckon if you follow my advise, and choose wisely, you will end up with a happy butt and be able ride to yonder and back in comfort. And one last piece of advise. Get a matching wash cloth to put on the fender for your passenger to sit on should you choose to ride 2-up.

I hope you find this as a useful post, and I would be happy to help you in your search.

Last edited by Deadman69; 07-09-2014 at 11:50 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:38 AM
Toma48
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't forget comfort. Looking into getting a solo seat myself.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:06 AM
Proteus
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine:

Old 07-10-2014, 07:52 AM
Deadman69
Advanced

Originally Posted by Toma48
Don't forget comfort.

What does that have to do with it? I just wanted to pleasure the Queen's ***. This is supposed to be a picture thread anyways.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:56 AM
stereoguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 547 Likes on 185 Posts

Here is my Mustang Wide Tripper

Here is one I just got made, I haven't taken any pics yet of it on the bike.

Last edited by stereoguy; 07-10-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:28 AM
scottylonebull
Road Master
Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

that biltwell is nice...

Quick Reply: Solo Seats...pics?