Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Viking Bags

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 10:59 PM
davisr014
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viking Bags

I am looking at getting these bags Harley Sportster 883 Low Charger Slanted Motorcycle Saddlebags for my bike, but i live in Hawaii and shipping is around 80 dollars. Overall that is cheaper than any other sets I can find. Are they worth the price. I have a 2014 Superlow.

Thanks

Old 07-29-2014, 11:56 AM
dbuzzell
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a set of the black ones, same shape & design. They ripped out after 1 use. Finally got a refund after 2 months of trying to return them. I know have the hard locking ones. Am I happy with them? Not really but they do serve their purpose. If I had to do it all over again I'd go in a different direction for saddlebags. You get what you pay for. I'm not overly impressed with the quality of either set of bags I've had from them.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:06 PM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Love mine, look good, plenty of space, durable, lockable and inexpensive (not cheap). I hate the term you get what you pay for, I rarely find it to be true.

Hmmm.........picture linker seems to not be working

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/--...o/DSCN0383.JPG

Old 07-29-2014, 03:35 PM
dbuzzell
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've got the $329 hard saddlebags from Viking on my iron. Once I installed them you can definitely tell one bag is bigger & shaped differently then the other. With the first bags I bought I had to post a thread on here complaining about lack on communication on returning them. That's what my experience is with this company.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:45 PM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

That sucks, I paid less than half that and mine were perfect. Ive bought several bags from them and all have been flawless.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:44 PM
Viking Bags
Former Sponsor
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dbuzzell
I've got the $329 hard saddlebags from Viking on my iron. Once I installed them you can definitely tell one bag is bigger & shaped differently then the other. With the first bags I bought I had to post a thread on here complaining about lack on communication on returning them. That's what my experience is with this company.
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your experience. Typically the bags don't just fall off or rip out after one use. I'd love for you to reach back to me via email at Eddie@vikingbags.com and just share your experience and what exactly happened. I'm open to all criticism and what you think we could do to improve the bags.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:52 PM
davisr014
Intermediate

Thanks for the feedback. I ordered them and I will let you all know how it goes.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:38 PM
davisr014
Intermediate

I received the viking bags yesterday and went to install them today and they are missing some of the required hardware. I have emailed and tried calling many times with no luck. Does anyone know how to contact them?

Old 08-11-2014, 10:35 AM
Viking Bags
Former Sponsor
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by davisr014
I received the viking bags yesterday and went to install them today and they are missing some of the required hardware. I have emailed and tried calling many times with no luck. Does anyone know how to contact them?
What hardware are you missing? I can have someone give you a call back if you could message me your order number or email me at eddie@vikingbags.com

Old 08-26-2014, 08:13 PM
davisr014
Intermediate

Posting on here with the hope I can actually get some customer service/support

RMA# is 00026333

I am getting really frustrated with this. The bags that was initially sent to me did not fit so I sent them back to exchange them. I paid shipping on the initial set of bags, which even though the website said would fit did not fit. I requested to have another set sent to me and last night called to arrange that and shipping was not mentioned. Then today I got an email stating that Viking bags wants me to pay shipping again for a mistake that was made by their company.

other issues:
- Box had been opened before I got it and it did not include all the hardware
- Your company wanted me to pay to ship them back.
- I was discussing this issue on chat and your worker disconnected on me.
- The customer service reps have been rude and not helpful.

All I want is a set of bags that will fit and to not have to pay for shipping twice (almost 80 dollars) or I want my money fully refunded to include shipping.

Quick Reply: Viking Bags