Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the clutch happened? HD MoCo can kiss my brass rivets!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 09:46 PM
John Harper
HDF Community Team
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,136 Posts

Originally Posted by Dusty Bones
I am saying all the sporty owners I know who are mostly 04+ owners who all have more than 25K on the bike have not had an exploded clutch, and we dont expect any.
They all dont explode, a theory was thrown out they do and I threw out a theory that the cause is abuse in one flavor or another.
No one said they "explode" but, your theory definitely has merit as I've given full credit to in my analysis. The other theories we have possibly help account for the spike of failures in rubbermounts. I already gave you 7% towards the problem. We are trying to figure out the other 26% on rubbermounts.

You are correct, and so are we. Do you have a problem agreeing with others? You already solved 20% of our issue. Good job.

Do you even read what I posted? Or did you "ignore" me like a coward? That would make my day.

John

Last edited by John Harper; 09-16-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:31 PM
Dusty Bones
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John Harper
No one said they "explode" but, your theory definitely has merit as I've given full credit to in my analysis. The other theories we have possibly help account for the spike of failures in rubbermounts. I already gave you 7% towards the problem. We are trying to figure out the other 26% on rubbermounts.

You are correct, and so are we. Do you have a problem agreeing with others? You already solved 20% of our issue. Good job.

Do you even read what I posted? Or did you "ignore" me like a coward? That would make my day.

John

I do agree with you. You all prove my point. A few people destroy their clutch and post about it online, then theorize all will blow up. All it points to is you guys destroyed your cluthces and found a support group online to gripe about it like a bunch of 8th grade little girls.

This is how it works. I was not talking to you. I never read a single one of your posts till I hit last page and you gave me a good laugh. Then I went back and read then next to last page backwards and I see a **** kicker saying be civil, then was like wait a minute, that tard just called me a coward. Smooth one there.

You guys are so silly in your little group with your blown clutches. Just carry on. All I see is I destroyed my clutch posts. Not all sportster cluthes have been proven to fail facts, as many here are just eating up.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:00 PM
Scuba10jdl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 207 Likes on 169 Posts

Dusty,

Can I ask what experience you have in engineering? Particularly in machine elements and machine design? Also, what is your level of understanding concerning fatigue failures and S-N curves? Stress factors? Cyclic loading? Material stresses and failures?

Because I've spent the last 7 1/2 years dedicated to those topics. So I think I'm qualified to speak on the topic.

I have yet to see you demonstrate the slightest understanding of basic engineering principles. I can't take your opinions as anything more than, as you put it, an 8th grade girl's because you have yet to show me that you understand anything past your narrow experiences as a single owner.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:07 PM
Allen Riggs
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by John Harper
Let's debate the gentleman on the facts, or at least some simple statistics. His theory has holes, debate that.

Name calling is kindergarten level. Especially on the internet. And unbecoming of a soldier, sailor, aviator, or Marine.

John
John it's ok.

Truth be told if Dusty and I were stationed together we would probably be laughing about this over a few beers.

It's really just good old fashioned **** talking. But Rusty is still a d1ckhe@d. Lol

Last edited by Allen Riggs; 09-16-2014 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:22 PM
Allen Riggs
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

One last thought for the night...

Crusty is right about feelings and hurt. This is a HD forum.

HD doesn't mean Hugs and diapers. Thick skin people. Thick skin.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:25 PM
Dusty Bones
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Scuba10jdl
Dusty,

Can I ask what experience you have in engineering? Particularly in machine elements and machine design? Also, what is your level of understanding concerning fatigue failures and S-N curves? Stress factors? Cyclic loading? Material stresses and failures?

Because I've spent the last 7 1/2 years dedicated to those topics. So I think I'm qualified to speak on the topic.

I have yet to see you demonstrate the slightest understanding of basic engineering principles. I can't take your opinions as anything more than, as you put it, an 8th grade girl's because you have yet to show me that you understand anything past your narrow experiences as a single owner.
Only engineering I worry about is how could a tire be made to last as long as the rock hard oem ones, and have the same grip as the 777s I ride on.

Aint worried about my clutch. I know its going to last.

You are the engineer, as you say, and all you got is a theory. You should know exactly why.....