Sportster Parts Post your Sportster Parts for sale here. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.

what should I expect to pay at the steelership

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default what should I expect to pay at the steelership

hello folks,

I got about 19759 miles on my sporty. It needs brakes, a new rear tire and a 20,000 mile tune up. I've got 3 questions if you got the time:

1. I dont have any tools, besides a very basic travel kit.

2. should a get a new front when I replace the rear. Front looks ok to me, back surley needs repalcing. Always kept good pressure but it is is just time. Way past the ware line.

3. the Dealer wants 216.00 US for the rear down here in Torreon not including change over. I wonder what the whole deal will be for the brakes tune up and new rear??

4. What pointers can you give me to make sure what the work list for a 20,000 mile tune gets done and replacing??? I have heard stories on here about work that was said to be done and actually not.

Any help on preparing the check book for this would be helpful. I want to drop it off and pick it up so I dont have to take a taxi to work the rest of the week, but I am a little concerned about the price. I do the oil change and fluids my self on the sporty and I have always use an INDY at home who is very good and honest with for my limited. THis is the first Major work being done on my sporty outside the US and I know it needs it.

Attached Thumbnails what should I expect to pay at the steelership-p5250009.jpg   what should I expect to pay at the steelership-p5250010.jpg   what should I expect to pay at the steelership-me-and-the-sporty-awith-the-mountains-in-the-back.jpg  
Old 10-23-2012, 04:32 PM
cooperk851
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would ask in the sportster forum not the classifides. but your looking at a nice pricey little stealership visit. cause i think at 20k miles there is alot to be done. also when ever you change tires its best to do both at the same time. cause there is nothing worse in my opinion then having to change one tire one month then the next you have to replace the other