Support for The Troops and their Families This is the place to give and get information about Support for our Troops and their Families.

HD -- extend the ride

Old 02-14-2007, 04:54 AM
E1
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default HD -- extend the ride

Got this from my dealer here -- seems HD will extend the warranty of your bike if you've been deployed! So if you know of someone who has been deployed and had a bike with warranty let them know.

Harley-Davidson and Buell Extend Warranty Coverage for Deployed Military Personnel in the MiddleEast

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MILWAUKEE, WI – Harley-Davidson Motor Company and Buell Motorcycle Company recently announced the implementation of "Operation Extend the Ride," a plan to extend warranty coverage to military personnel deployed in support of operations in Afghanistan and Iraq.

"Men and women from around the world have made great personal sacrificesto serve their countries during military efforts in the Middle East," said Steve Phillips, Vice President of Quality, Reliability and technical
Service. "Harley-Davidson and Buell want to recognize these military personnel by extending the warranty on Harley-Davidson and Buellmotorcycles owned by those who have served and been unable to ride while [size=3][font

Old 02-14-2007, 05:46 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HD -- extend the ride

That is good to know. The local dealer near Ft. Benning also has a storage program for Deployed Military. For a few hundred bucks, they pick up your bike, store your bike in a climate controlled area, then service it, change the fluids and deliver it back to you when you return. They throw in an extra pick up, delivery and I believe oil change so you can ride it when you come home on R and R. I am not sure of the details, but I have several friends that used the service. They seemed to be happy with it.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Scott367
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats one thing i love about the US, they take care of the boys. I am in the canadian army and we dont get anything along those lines, and i was serving last summer right along side the us, british and ausiie troop in afghanistan. way to go harley!

Old 02-02-2009, 10:52 PM
rotorhead_ed
Stage IV

I got my 08 FLSTN through HD Military Sales here in Iraq and they delivered to a dealer 30 miles from my house (not all dealers will accept military sales because they do not get a commission - my local dealer 10 miles away lost out on 3000.00 of after market goodies I bought when I picked it up), but I have found that most HD dealers will go out of their way to help military (and those like me who work for the US Gov deployed to Iraq) - while on a cross country trip on my sportster a year ago before deploying back to Iraq I had a bad tire - was a few miles from Richmond VA HD and took it to them - they bumped me to the next spot and had me out of there within a couple of hours

Old 02-14-2009, 03:01 AM
Nightster!
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dgator66
That is good to know. The local dealer near Ft. Benning also has a storage program for Deployed Military. For a few hundred bucks, they pick up your bike, store your bike in a climate controlled area, then service it, change the fluids and deliver it back to you when you return. They throw in an extra pick up, delivery and I believe oil change so you can ride it when you come home on R and R. I am not sure of the details, but I have several friends that used the service. They seemed to be happy with it.

Now that is oustanding service and care. I love your post.

I don't own an HD yet but I am in Afghanistan and most likely will be ordering my first bike '09 Nightster

Thanks.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Mrawsome21
Cruiser

That's great information to hear. I've had nothing but good service from the Harley dealers referencing deployment. I have mine in storage at a dealer near Fort Riley, Kansas and have been super happy with it. $1.50/ Day; that's unbeatable.

Can't wait to get back and ride!

Old 01-12-2013, 12:19 PM
huntnaz
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default My baby is taken care of while deployed to Afghanistan!

While I’m deployed I have the peace of mind that my bike is taken care of until I get home. Thunder Tower Harley Davidson in Columbia SC offers bike storage for a fee, but it’s free to military deployed. When the time comes for me to return to the US I can just call them and they will have my bike ready for pick up. Of course they will do any work, customization or maintenance that you want while it’s in their care. They also offer Operation Extend a ride and Discounts to military personnel on motorclothes merchandise, Parts and Accessories.
Really nice and friendly staff…oh and free coffee too!

Old 02-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Rickey
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When at Benning I know quite a few who used Chatahoochie HD. They were def the best dealer I have dealt with. Thunder Tower is pretty good in Columbia SC also as mentioned. Very military friendly. Now Harley Haven in Columbia is one of the dealers that thinks their a little bit better than you and will definitively not remember you when you walk in for service after sale. After my get pissed incident with them I took my bike to Thunder Tower and have received much better service every since.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:10 PM
dtidwell
6th Gear
Default Good to know

Great information