The Dark Side For those members running "Car Tires" on their scoots. This is for their discussion only and not a place for "non dark siders" to mouth off about their negative opinions of this idea!

How much dyna beads?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 09:27 PM
Rusty19MCSFV
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default How much dyna beads?

What are you guys running on the non run flat tires?

I've read 16oz, 6 oz, 4 oz....

My research suggests 4 oz's for a ct rear and 2oz for mc front...

Anyone care for some opinions...?

Trying to compile a final list of things to get before I head to the independent, doing my fronts and rears. Working on a tight budget and don't want to overspend.

I'm going with a Yokohama Avid Ascend 195/60/16, and a Dunlop Elite3 130/70/18 front.

Last edited by Rusty19MCSFV; 10-17-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:21 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Instead of dyna beads, research Ride On tire sealant and balancer.

Old 10-18-2014, 08:41 AM
08Fatty
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked on Dyna Beads web site the other day and they have chart for tire sizes. My 205/50/17 should get 3oz. I'm running 2oz in it right now and its running good.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:33 PM
Rusty19MCSFV
Cruiser

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
Instead of dyna beads, research Ride On tire sealant and balancer.
I've looked into ride-on. I've decided against it for two reasons.

1- It reminds me of the days when I used to mountain bike and used that tire slime stuff. Just messy gooey, all over the inside of the tire/wheel.

2- What I like about DynaBeads is that they are constantly rebalancing themselves. The ride-on doesn't adjust once its set. It's also a liquid which means it has moisture in it, never a good thing inside your tire (Even though it will "jello" up). At least the DynaBeads are ceramic which is moisture absorbing.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:18 PM
tsigwing
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by popeyeBACA
I've looked into ride-on. I've decided against it for two reasons.

1- It reminds me of the days when I used to mountain bike and used that tire slime stuff. Just messy gooey, all over the inside of the tire/wheel.

2- What I like about DynaBeads is that they are constantly rebalancing themselves. The ride-on doesn't adjust once its set. It's also a liquid which means it has moisture in it, never a good thing inside your tire (Even though it will "jello" up). At least the DynaBeads are ceramic which is moisture absorbing.

what it "reminds" you of isn't what it is. Take a look here: http://www.ride-on.com/videos/motorc...tallation.html

it doesn't make a "mess" and stays liquid enough to continuously re-balance. There is already plenty of moisture inside your tire. There is air in there, right?

Last edited by tsigwing; 10-21-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:09 PM
Rusty19MCSFV
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tsigwing
what it "reminds" you of isn't what it is. Take a look here: http://www.ride-on.com/videos/motorc...tallation.html

it doesn't make a "mess" and stays liquid enough to continuously re-balance. There is already plenty of moisture inside your tire. There is air in there, right?
There is air in my tire, but this next tire set will be nitrogen now that I have the adapters.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:38 PM
Mrimpala
6th Gear

I use AIR-SOFT "bb"s from Walmart. I just put them in right before I fill them up with air. Used them in my 2007 Kawasaki Nomad, 1996 Impala SS, snow tires for my Dodge Calliber and Olds Silhoutte. Not an issue, yet. My Ultra Classic will get them when it needs tires.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:39 PM
retired by accident
Novice

Tried them, removed them, if there is any tire mounting fluid on the inside they stick to it. Some shops hate them for getting on floor and causing mechanics slipping on them.

Old 10-13-2015, 05:50 PM
sponger
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrimpala
I use AIR-SOFT "bb"s from Walmart. I just put them in right before I fill them up with air. Used them in my 2007 Kawasaki Nomad, 1996 Impala SS, snow tires for my Dodge Calliber and Olds Silhoutte. Not an issue, yet. My Ultra Classic will get them when it needs tires.
+1. I use these as well.

Old 10-14-2015, 04:27 PM
fritznbud
1st Gear

Air-Soft here too. All my 6 cars have them, with that many wheels to do, you cant beat the price.

Quick Reply: How much dyna beads?