The Dark Side For those members running "Car Tires" on their scoots. This is for their discussion only and not a place for "non dark siders" to mouth off about their negative opinions of this idea!

Darkside "car tire"

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 10:05 AM
collin
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Read first thread "The #1 Rule for this section!"

Old 08-19-2014, 10:51 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by loopie
please post documents from your bike insurance company allowing you too run a car tyre on a bike

again you would loose any court case against you as soon as a lawyer found out car tyre on a bike,,,

ARE people really this ****IN stupid
loud pipes small tail lights handle bars , wont cause the bike too become a missile when you go off the edge off the tyres and the bike slips out..

im all for personal mods too any bike,,, BUT for **** sake grow a brain guys theres different hardness off motorcycle tyres out there, normally the cheap chinese crap is hard rubber or the metzeler touring versions,,,,
I cant wait till one off you puppets put a truck tyre on your bike,,

bike tyres are designed for bikes... car tyres are made for cars

and ive yet too see any insurance wavers for using a car tyres
are people really this stupid???????
easy talk too your insurance company or your new friend your lawyer when your being raped in court
I give up trying too talk common scence too idiots
this forum has gone too **** with and should be ware off even letting stupid discussion like this ...we need too educate people not kill people, it could be one off your children that is killed by a clown running a car tyre on their bike...MODS don't delete educate people
They are multiplying. Now we have 2 stupid people who can't figure out how to follow directions.

"The Dark Side (5 Viewing)
For those members running "Car Tires" on their scoots. This is for their discussion only and not a place for "non dark siders" to mouth off about their negative opinions of this idea!"

What do you Morons suppose the above quote means?

Please go crawl back under your rocks and quit bothering the adults...

Old 08-19-2014, 04:18 PM
08Fatty
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hd4evr2008
I can't understand why you guys are only getting 5-6,000 miles out of your tires! I have 5600 miles on my rear tire (stock Michelin Scorcher) and it still looks brand new. I fully expect at least 12-15,000 miles out of it.

BTW, I'd never run a car tire, the amount of sidewall abuse it takes to mount it, and get it to seal, seriously damages the integrity of the tire, IMHO. You need to pump up to 100 PSI's to get the thing to seat. Not a good idea.
I mounted mine myself and the side walls took no abuse and no were near 100 psi to seat the tire. Actually easier to mount than a motorcycle tire. So, no abuse at all to the tire. I guess I ride more aggressive than some so 6-7000 was about all I got. A Fatboy is not capable of enough lean angle to get on the side wall enough for the bike to slide out from under me. I got tired of wearing out an inch and a half of tread and the rest looking new and unused. I tried a car tire and I like it, rides great,corners great and breaking is improved.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:31 PM
pioter666
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 08Fatty
I mounted mine myself and the side walls took no abuse and no were near 100 psi to seat the tire. Actually easier to mount than a motorcycle tire. So, no abuse at all to the tire. I guess I ride more aggressive than some so 6-7000 was about all I got. A Fatboy is not capable of enough lean angle to get on the side wall enough for the bike to slide out from under me. I got tired of wearing out an inch and a half of tread and the rest looking new and unused. I tried a car tire and I like it, rides great,corners great and breaking is improved.
How did you balance that tire?

Old 08-19-2014, 07:37 PM
08Fatty
Tourer

Dyna Beads. Its a lot easier to put them in while your mounting it than through the valve stem.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:57 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Then you're running it, tubeless, on cast wheels? Or sealed, laced wheels?

Old 08-20-2014, 03:21 PM
13king
Advanced

I am running a car tire on my 13 king with the Mt I only got 7800 miles then seen wire in center. I now have over 5000 on ct and still looks new it only took 28 pounds of air pressure to seat it to my rim I run my pressure at 33 solo rider and 34 when I'm 2 up its been to dragons tail with no prolbems and Sturgis so my opinion don't knock it until you tried it and also my insurance company told me as long as the tire is street legal nothing will ever be said about it

Old 08-20-2014, 03:56 PM
08Fatty
Tourer

Stock aluminum rim. If you have spokes just run a tube in it. You just have to put the dyna beads in the tube, probably easier to do before you put it in the tire.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:59 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,101 Likes on 1,914 Posts

Originally Posted by 08Fatty
Stock aluminum rim. If you have spokes just run a tube in it. You just have to put the dyna beads in the tube, probably easier to do before you put it in the tire.
I often wondered if the beads might damage a tube?

Old 08-20-2014, 06:23 PM
rkoivisto
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Well loopie

car tyres on a bike if your using a sidecar is okay.. Any thing else and your a clown, bike tyres are made for bikes , they are designed too be leaned thru corners..... IF your having mileage issues go too a touring compound rubber,, NOT a sports soft rubber,,, for **** sake get off the drugs guys,,, Before you kill some innocent person when your bike becomes a stray missile
EXPLAIN THIS too your insurance company why your running a car tyre on your bike???? CLAIM denied...... hurt some one and the LAWYERS are going too sue your **** ..BE warned you clowns

TELL ME IM WRONG I might be rude but I know the difference between car and bike tyres

At least you have an appropriate name. " Any thing else and your a clown" for your information your is a possessive pronoun. I think what you wanted to say is "you're".
"IF your having mileage issues go too a touring compound rubber" The word too, indicates in excess. I think you would be more convincing if you use the word "to".

You like to throw a lot of names around and question peoples intelligence but it's not TOO effective when you can't spell basic words.

So we're the idiots?

Quick Reply: Darkside "car tire"