The Dark Side For those members running "Car Tires" on their scoots. This is for their discussion only and not a place for "non dark siders" to mouth off about their negative opinions of this idea!

Darkside "car tire"

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 06:34 PM
rkoivisto
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 38 Posts
Default poor loopie

Originally Posted by loopie
easy talk too your insurance company or your new friend your lawyer when your being raped in court
I give up trying too talk common scence too idiots
this forum has gone too **** with and should be ware off even letting stupid discussion like this ...we need too educate people not kill people, it could be one off your children that is killed by a clown running a car tyre on their bike...MODS don't delete educate people

I agree, we need to educate people. That's what I'm trying to do to you. You know not of what you speak.

You have a great deal of information about riding on motorcycle tires, but nothing about riding on car tires and after that you just call names and spew ignorance.

I did have someone run into me last year while I was running a car tire on the rear. Guess what, nobody cared. Neither my insurance or the insurance of the tool that ran over me cared a lick.

Last edited by rkoivisto; 08-20-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:48 PM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,100 Likes on 1,913 Posts

Originally Posted by rkoivisto
At least you have an appropriate name. " Any thing else and your a clown" for your information your is a possessive pronoun. I think what you wanted to say is "you're".
"IF your having mileage issues go too a touring compound rubber" The word too, indicates in excess. I think you would be more convincing if you use the word "to".

You like to throw a lot of names around and question peoples intelligence but it's not TOO effective when you can't spell basic words.

So we're the idiots?
I hate spelling police but in this case....................you done good.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:12 PM
08Fatty
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by perki48
I often wondered if the beads might damage a tube?
I don't know, never thought about it. I used them on my mothers back tire and she has had no issues so far. She has a Street Bob with spoke rims. There is another option but I cant remember what its called.

Old 08-20-2014, 10:13 PM
pioter666
Intermediate

Check on webpage tube and tubeless are OK.

Old 08-21-2014, 05:33 AM
13king
Advanced

Originally Posted by 08Fatty
I don't know, never thought about it. I used them on my mothers back tire and she has had no issues so far. She has a Street Bob with spoke rims. There is another option but I cant remember what its called.
Ride on is what I used instead of beads I have it in front Mt and back ct

Old 10-31-2014, 05:19 PM
rockenr1954
Intermediate

Dunlop 5000 looks good, rides good, handles well and is the best looking car tire I've ran into and I've ran over 5 different brands. I've put over 150k on car tires without a probem I'm from Montana and have ridden the bear tooth multiple times and the Black Hills with no complaints.

Old 10-31-2014, 07:53 PM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,926 Likes on 8,434 Posts

Originally Posted by loopie
car tyres on a bike if your using a sidecar is okay.. Any thing else and your a clown, bike tyres are made for bikes , they are designed too be leaned thru corners..... IF your having mileage issues go too a touring compound rubber,, NOT a sports soft rubber,,, for **** sake get off the drugs guys,,, Before you kill some innocent person when your bike becomes a stray missile
EXPLAIN THIS too your insurance company why your running a car tyre on your bike???? CLAIM denied...... hurt some one and the LAWYERS are going too sue your **** ..BE warned you clowns

TELL ME IM WRONG I might be rude but I know the difference between car and bike tyres
and you heard someone else say this and decided to try saying it yourself?
I've been running CTs on my bikes since 1978. Never a stray missile, insurance companies don't really care and I still haven't heard of one, no not one incident caused by a CT on a motorcycle.
You say wrong tire on a rim, doesn't fit right? Does the same go for my shoes if they aren't a perfect fit? How about my gloves, trousers, shirt etc. If that's the case, we are all in deep kimpshey if something about us isn't just right, right?
Here's an idea for ya. You just run your stock tires, stock hand grips, stock handle bars and everything else just as the bike came off the showroom floor and let us manage our own modifications. I think you will have more of a concern for people texting while on the road than a scooter running a CT.

and besides all that, did you read the sticky that Terry posted on the menu for the Dark Side forum, "The #1 Rule for this section!"? Obviously not or you wouldn't have posted here.

Last edited by EasternSP; 11-01-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:34 PM
Goldwing2500
4th Gear
Default 2007 FLHTCUI Ready for the Darkside

I have a 2007 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic and am ready to go to the darkside. Looking for another Darkside Harley rider in the Atlanta area to meet up with so I can actually look at the tire that they have mounted. I understand for this model, the 195-60R16 is the best fit but I see that some of you have managed to fit the 205-60R16. Thanks in advance. Gean

Old 11-05-2014, 08:16 PM
rkoivisto
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Tire fitment

Originally Posted by Goldwing2500
I have a 2007 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic and am ready to go to the darkside. Looking for another Darkside Harley rider in the Atlanta area to meet up with so I can actually look at the tire that they have mounted. I understand for this model, the 195-60R16 is the best fit but I see that some of you have managed to fit the 205-60R16. Thanks in advance. Gean

I'm not in Atlanta, but I can tell you a 195 or a 205 will not fit your bike. You have to have an 09 or later with the 5 inch wheel to be able to fit those tires.

There aren't many options for the 07 Ultra. There are a couple of taxi tires that will work.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:45 AM
Rusty19MCSFV
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't mind me....

Last edited by Rusty19MCSFV; 11-10-2014 at 01:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Darkside "car tire"