The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: High MAP at idle - fixed by Power Vision support

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 08:39 PM
oleboy
Road Master
Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by misfitJason
Not everyone runs a stock bike. At basic is just basic. It is designed for more of a stockish bike. When you get into motor mods and you don't exactly have an exact base map you need something other than basic, whether it's target tune or at pro.
Why? So I make motor modifications and start with my stock VE tables. Won't the AT basic (correct) the VE tables for my new airflow? What does the TT or AT pro do that the AT basic won't do concerning VE table mapping?

Thanks.

Last edited by oleboy; 05-25-2016 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:16 PM
oleboy
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dyno Dan
Sorry I missed this. If you have a bike that's already been tuned and you're happy with the results from AT-Basic, just ride the dang thing On the other hand, the TT system could be used for:

1. Allow you to monitor real-time AFR during your drive cycles and give you piece of mind. You could use the TT device / WB sensors in conjunction with your NB sensors and your current cal. To do this you would use a DJ-CAN cable from the TT to the PV since you're simply monitoring, and you would need to select the WB source as "Dynojet". This scenario would also allow you to use the AT-Pro mode.
  2. Allow you to monitor AFR and allow the ECM to close loop on YOUR target AFR's from YOUR cal when properly equipped with the TT system and a TT cal. In this scenario the DJ-CAN cable is NOT required because you're feeding the (2) TT 0-5v outputs into the factory o2 harnesses that go to the ECM. Just have to remember to select the WB source as "Vehicle" in this case. This scenario would also allow you to use the AT-TT mode to verify your existing cal / VE tables.
Dyno Dan,

Thanks for your reply!

So, the TT would only add the ability for me to monitor what you mentioned above. I used the data log feature to record my CLI variance. Once my logs showed that my CLI correction was within 5%, I stopped basic AT. The only things I monitor now are ET, front/rear knock events and MPG. So, if I understand you correctly, TT is not going to add anything to or enhance my actual VE table mapping beyond what I have been able to do with the basic AT.

Thanks.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:01 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

TT brings the ability to target any AFR you desire throughout the entire operating range of the motor. Any altitude, any load, any fuel (within reason) and just go ride. That is huge.

If some day you change motor parts, it will normally dial the fuel tables right back in. If you pick a really big cam with insane overlap, you may need Jamie to tweak a hidden table. No big deal. If you ever question the tune, just flip on the loggers and look at anything you want. Nothing is hidden from you.

Andy

Old 05-25-2016, 10:28 PM
oleboy
Road Master

Originally Posted by whittlebeast
TT brings the ability to target any AFR you desire throughout the entire operating range of the motor. Any altitude, any load, any fuel (within reason) and just go ride. That is huge.

If some day you change motor parts, it will normally dial the fuel tables right back in. If you pick a really big cam with insane overlap, you may need Jamie to tweak a hidden table. No big deal. If you ever question the tune, just flip on the loggers and look at anything you want. Nothing is hidden from you.

Andy
Andy,

I asked the question to Dyno Dan, who is evidently Dyno Jet's Vice President.
I'm really sick and tired of hearing from you about your MLV product and you inserting yourself into posts answering questions that you have not been asked. Several weeks back I asked Jamie at FM whether you worked for him. He said you didn't. How about you back away from it and stay out of it and let Dyno Dan have some time to respond. If I had wanted your input, I would have asked you. I didn't.

Last edited by oleboy; 05-25-2016 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:42 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

That is huge but not ground breaking or new in this industry. TTS and Techno Research have been doing it this way for years. It has been a limitation with AT-Pro but MyTune lets you get around it. Glad to see DJ has finally figured it out.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:16 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

Andy

If nothing is hidden from you. Why would you need Jamie to tweak a hidden table for you? Does his company do this for everybody or just the ones that bought the product from him?

Now if you are saying that you can log everything that the ECM is seeing. All the channels. That isn't true either. Nothing in the log shows anything about crank position. If it did. Pressure transducer would work real well for ignition timing.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:32 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by JustDave13
Glad to see the 1/4 mile runs are still alive and well, for a moment I thought I was the only freak out there
and this being Houston (and suburbia hell) there is getting to be less and less back-road to travel for street tuning that either isn't populated with a bunch of idiots talking on cell phones and drinking too much redbull or patrolled by the local sheriff and constables offices. It's gotten to the point where I have to ride out 20+ miles to get any decent, unmolested, lightly traveled roads.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:35 AM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Jason, you know I am referring to all of the basic fuel trim fields that are used to develop and verify a tune.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:37 AM
Dyno Dan
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I should preface my comments with an apology for contributing to the dilution of a thread that was of value to a customer, but is now waaaay off topic and no longer relevant. I'm sorry.

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
Steve was contracted into HD. I don't know who actually owns the code. I would assume it is HD's since they bought it but it is neither here nor there. That doesn't change who wrote it.
H-D develops their own calibrations and the code that "runs inside" the ECM for production motorcycles, just like any other manufacturer. They didn't need anybody's help from the aftermarket to get this done. TTS developed software to edit a H-D calibration (Mastertune) along with firmware and a vehicle interface system that allows you to "get and send" the calibration.......just like any other flash tuning company would typically provide.

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
The above in red is very interesting. Can you explain a bit on what existing calibration parameters you are actually referring to?
Sure....here you go. It's stuff that exists in every software level that supports CL fuel control, so that would include 9, 23, 25, 44, 159, 171, 176, 200, 202, 204, 205, 218, 241, 242, 357, 358, 274, 614, 617, and 618. Any Certified Power Vision Tuning Center and various other partners can address these parameters.

It's all there in the OEM calibration, we have it defined and available to edit in WinPV because we found it to be quite useful.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:57 AM
Dyno Dan
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oleboy
Dyno Dan,

Thanks for your reply!

So, the TT would only add the ability for me to monitor what you mentioned above. I used the data log feature to record my CLI variance. Once my logs showed that my CLI correction was within 5%, I stopped basic AT. The only things I monitor now are ET, front/rear knock events and MPG. So, if I understand you correctly, TT is not going to add anything to or enhance my actual VE table mapping beyond what I have been able to do with the basic AT.

Thanks.
Yes monitor only, or enable full time closed loop fuel control using WB sensor for feedback......which is really the intent of the product. If you have put in the time to use the AT-Basic feature and have also analyzed the data from various drive cycles, I'd say you're in good shape. I must also give you a pat on the back for doing the most complete job possible with the standard PV features! The only assumption is that you're truly running at the desired AFR in OL now that your bike in running a normal CL/OL routine. A quick spot check with a set of WB's, or better yet a visit to a dyno center with WB's (so you can check HP/Trq as well).

Quick Reply: DYNOJET: High MAP at idle - fixed by Power Vision support