The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

Which Tuner Do You Like?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 01:02 PM
breakman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,552 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Originally Posted by bburrows1
On that power vision where will you get a map for the cams or will you just take it to a shop and have them tune it? I am planning on putting some cams in my bike and was looking at the power vision but on there website I didn't find a map for my bike with a cam. I am working on getting full exh system and an intake and do all of it at one point in time.

2015 flhxs
Since I bought the PV I am sure they would send me a tune, otherwise I would call DJ.

Old 06-03-2016, 12:06 PM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

Why is it that every time I try to understand the benefits of a fuel management system and "mapping" an EFI, all I see is this:

I'm perfectly content with my 100% stock 2014 Ultra Limited. However, if it can be made "better", then why not? I am not dismissing the possibility that I might change my bike's air cleaner, exhaust pipes and/or cams later - at which time I presume a new "mapping" would almost be required. But how about now at 100% stock? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-03-2016, 01:39 PM
HDogg
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Talking

I've got the Screamin eagle super tuner and have absolutely no idea what the heck is it doing to the bike when it comes to all that rocket science but having said that it seems to be chugging along fine with no farts and spurts.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:18 AM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member

Received 5,424 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Over the years I've used them all. Some are great, most are OK, some aren't worth a pinch of puppy poo. IMO, the original is still the best- Mastertune.

Old 07-05-2016, 10:26 AM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

UPDATE: At 2016 Americade, had an Arlen Ness "Big Sucker" air cleaner and Power Commander V added to my stock '14 Ultra. The bike was manually remapped [and if I'm not mistaken, the O2 sensors were disconnected]. Seeing is believing [a slight increase in torque and 10% increase in horsepower]. Not only is the improvement evident at the throttle, there has been a noticeable decrease in engine heat as a result of the enrichment of the AFR.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:06 PM
jack6hd
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have p
PowerVision on both of my bikes. Lots of engine mods on one of them and the PowerVision performed real good, even with me not being close to smart.

Old 07-20-2016, 09:12 AM
Sarhan
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I prefer DJ becuase it can be used on dyno or road tuning with wideband sensors and the tune licenses program

Old 07-20-2016, 09:20 AM
Sarhan
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bburrows1
On that power vision where will you get a map for the cams or will you just take it to a shop and have them tune it? I am planning on putting some cams in my bike and was looking at the power vision but on there website I didn't find a map for my bike with a cam. I am working on getting full exh system and an intake and do all of it at one point in time.

2015 flhxs
The supplier of cams can provide you basic MAP to start with and/or you can copy/paste the cal from any available cal TTS, SEPT

Old 09-24-2016, 03:34 AM
Hilly13
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by sailmotion
Why is it that every time I try to understand the benefits of a fuel management system and "mapping" an EFI, all I see is this:

I'm perfectly content with my 100% stock 2014 Ultra Limited. However, if it can be made "better", then why not? I am not dismissing the possibility that I might change my bike's air cleaner, exhaust pipes and/or cams later - at which time I presume a new "mapping" would almost be required. But how about now at 100% stock? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I'm no expert but I would tune a stock bike, why not have it running at its optimum for the configuration?

Old 09-24-2016, 03:38 AM
Hilly13
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

I've only used three efi tuning systems, PCIII, SEPST and TTS, from a diy point of view of those 3 the TTS is the easiest to use, SEPST is getting better but it appears that that journey may be over.

Quick Reply: Which Tuner Do You Like?