The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

Other Devices: Rookie question .. Dyno or no Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 06:53 PM
AdmiralAaron
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rookie question .. Dyno or no Dyno

Hi,
Have 2015 Ultra Limited. After riding the first 1000 miles with everything stock, I had a "Stage 1" performance done to it. New intake, complete new exhaust and electronic tuning. HUGE difference in performance of the bike.

Would I be able to increase the performance even more by having it professionally tuned on a Dyno? What should I expect in terms of performance increase?

Thanks!

Old 07-23-2016, 08:15 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Depends.

What does "electronic tuning" mean? What is the skill/experience level of the person who would do the dyno tune?

With Stage 1 hardware, and somebody who knows what they're doing, if "electronic tune" means some kind of smart tune or auto tune, and the person doing the smart tune is an expert, then the bike should run pretty darn good.

On the other hand, if the person doing the tune isn't all that sharp, and if you then have it dyno tuned, and the person doing the dyno tune is an expert, then the bike should run pretty darn good.

Since you said the bike got a HUGE difference in performance, then having it re-tuned on a dyno might not make a lot of difference.

So, it depends.