The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: 110 seems underpowered

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 05:23 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

So I'm seeing that I'm pretty low. I had a conversation with Bob at fuelmoto who said that in his experience the supertrapp doesn't do as well with the 110 as I may have thought. So I may be looking at new pipes, cause I can't see leaving 10ftlbs on the table.

I saw a lot of good results with bassani rr3, but I'm not familiar with the B1. I'll have to have a look, cause it seems that the supertrapp may be the issue.

Thanks for the info guys.

I wish I was closer to VA or TX as you two are some of the good ones...

Old 10-06-2016, 06:02 PM
djorgensen3
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Next time the local dealer has a horsepower shootout, I will try to get my bike there. I'd like to know what mine does with the RR3 and Target tune.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:02 PM
Just Nick
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

Thank you for the kind words and I would be using the pipe you have it works great its a tune issue not a pipe issue. The supertrapp is a great pipe for power you just need to find a tuner that will test different configurations with the discs and your power will be exactly where it needs to be. The pipe I have on mine and those other two dynos is the Bassani Road Rage 2 B1 power 2/1 systems in black of course.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:48 PM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Im running 24 discs closed end on my 110 with that pipe and ventilator
I actually just changed it to open end cap with 14 disks
I dont have dyno numbers sorry
But it was running flatter on the top end with 20 disks and closed end cap.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:55 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
So I'm seeing that I'm pretty low. I had a conversation with Bob at fuelmoto who said that in his experience the supertrapp doesn't do as well with the 110 as I may have thought. So I may be looking at new pipes, cause I can't see leaving 10ftlbs on the table.

I saw a lot of good results with bassani rr3, but I'm not familiar with the B1. I'll have to have a look, cause it seems that the supertrapp may be the issue.

Nothing wrong with the exhaust you have, I'm running a Supermeg on my 06 Ultra which has a fairly mild 120 in it making 122/135 sae. I've seen others running the Supermeg on 124's and making decent numbers.

Old 10-07-2016, 08:42 AM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 207 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad

I agree with Nick, I don't think it's a parts combo issue as much as a tune issue. That pipe should perform decent in your build tuned properly. If you like the look, sound and everything else about the pipe, the money saved in buying a new pipe could go towards a proper tune. I seam to recall you having some issues when you had your bike at the tuner the first time. Wouldn't supply a sheet, etc.

Depends on where in NY you live, but here's a link to some dyno shops https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1976040# Maybe take a look and see if any are within reasonable distance to you, if so start a topic asking for feedback on them.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:08 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

I have seen the supermeg touring 2-1 support over 140/140 plus. IME Cam isn't the deciding factor on disc count. Engine displacement isn't the deciding factor. It is both and everything else and the only way to know is to test and verify. Closed end cap has done better for me 90% of the time.

I hear suggested disc count and Trapp told me anything over 23 and a CEC is a wastes of time. I disagree. I have a 95 hippo 570 build on a 2003 touring that has 26 and CEC in the 100/100's. I have a 124 w/ 640 that hit 140/140 plus with 20 disc CEC. My personnel 124 has 33 and a CEC. So, test and verify.

Old 10-07-2016, 12:58 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by Wide Open Cycles
I seam to recall you having some issues when you had your bike at the tuner the first time. Wouldn't supply a sheet, etc.
Yeah. I haven't had any luck with tuners around here. First place "couldn't get a printout" second guy (Dyno Solutions in Ct.) was actually reasonable but only tweaked a map i got from FuelMoto. He used the PV's quicktune to change spark and added some fuel - but only charged me $100, so im good with him.

Then I took it to another tuner - Westchester Powersports for a full tune and basically got the same tune as was on the bike when i dropped it off, with some VE changes. No hp/tq improvement. In fact it was .5 tq lower!

I was going to go up to the HD dealer where Vdop works for their dyno, but I got lazy and went to WP who is only 30 min away instead of 2.5hrs away. Thats what I get for being lazy.

So i'm $900 into dyno tuners and still at 106.

Not having luck with tuners in the area.

Old 10-07-2016, 02:18 PM
Just Nick
Cruiser
Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

Get it to Vdop you will be where it needs to be

Old 10-08-2016, 05:52 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by Just Nick
Get it to Vdop you will be where it needs to be
I do t think he actually does the tuning, does he? I know he works for a HD dealer that has a dyno/tuner staff though, but I'm not sure it's him personally.

Quick Reply: DYNOJET: 110 seems underpowered