The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

TTS: Locking to ECM

Old 10-07-2016, 03:23 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Thanks, Steve! I was hoping you'd drop in. Glad you could clear it up.

Old 10-10-2016, 11:16 PM
gearman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What if a guy breaks down out of town and doesn't carry a laptop and needs to go to a dealer for service, can the digital tech get in the ECM to diagnose, for instance, radio, brake, engine diagnostics, or do you have to reflash the factory cal

Old 10-11-2016, 08:12 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Not sure but I don't think you would be locked out of those things you mentioned. I had my ecm recalibrated for my abs brakes and NO tuning device of any kind was used. And my bike had been tuned, can't remember if it was tuned with sepst of tts at that time though. I never even thought to bring the tuning module. I am going in tomorrow for a brake fluid flush and the dt needs to be used to cycle the abs module. I'll report what happens just to be sure

Old 10-11-2016, 09:16 PM
gearman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe Steve will chime in and set the record strait, I have used the Mastertune on previous bikes and really liked it, I don't have a good dyno man close to me and I am very comfortable using this tuner. I have a new 16 Trike I would like to tune with just slipons and ac. The screaming eagle street tuner doesn't have any cals for trikes. I just didn't want the dealer to have a problem if I broke down out of town

Old 10-12-2016, 09:48 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,408 Likes on 1,565 Posts

Originally Posted by trannyman
Maybe Steve will chime in and set the record strait, I have used the Mastertune on previous bikes and really liked it, I don't have a good dyno man close to me and I am very comfortable using this tuner. I have a new 16 Trike I would like to tune with just slipons and ac. The screaming eagle street tuner doesn't have any cals for trikes. I just didn't want the dealer to have a problem if I broke down out of town
As far as we know the only thing DT has issue with is trying to program, several dealers who use the product daily have told us they have tested it and the only thing they could not do was program the ECM, BCM/Security module and Key fobs.

Old 10-12-2016, 11:56 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
As far as we know the only thing DT has issue with is trying to program, several dealers who use the product daily have told us they have tested it and the only thing they could not do was program the ECM, BCM/Security module and Key fobs.

Techno Research will allow you to do fobs with a TTS tune in the bike.

Old 10-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 207 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
Techno Research will allow you to do fobs with a TTS tune in the bike.
You beat me to it. I have been successful marrying FOBs as well as bleeding ABS brakes with T.R. Pulling and clearing codes as well. I have never tried to flash a cal with it. I'll try to remember to do it on the next TTS tune I have on the dyno.

Old 10-12-2016, 03:13 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

No problem at all at the dealer. My bike is tuned with TTS and they plugged in with DT and cycled abs module. I am certain Steve mentioned the only areas the dt can't program.

Old 03-19-2017, 04:09 AM
jasonvo
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Have a TTS question...

As we all know, many tuner modules, such as the SEPST, will store the bike's VIN when it is first connected, and from that point on that module is "married" to that bike. You can't use that module on any other bike, but you can certainly still use any tuner you want on that bike, if you change your mind.

A professional tuner I know told me that using the TTS is the reverse of that: If you use a TTS module on a bike, the TTS module inserts code changes in the ECM, and you can never use any other tuner on that bike. The ECM is now "TTS Only". If you want to change to any other tuner, you will need to replace the ECM and security fobs.

Can anyone verify this?
I had TTS on my ECM, after all I want to change to FP3 fuelpak just to test out new Technology with Iphone but It won't let my FP3 login. I used TTS tuner restore my stock MTE map back without any issued but still won't let my FP3 login. I also tried my friend new SEPST unable to login. Tell me about that, I think your tuner was right.

Old 03-19-2017, 10:33 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonvo
I had TTS on my ECM, after all I want to change to FP3 fuelpak just to test out new Technology with Iphone but It won't let my FP3 login. I used TTS tuner restore my stock MTE map back without any issued but still won't let my FP3 login. I also tried my friend new SEPST unable to login. Tell me about that, I think your tuner was right.
I can't help with the FP3, but if your friend had already used his SEPST, that's why it won't connect...because it's married to his bike. If he hasn't used it yet, you're both lucky it didn't connect to your bike, because then it would have been your SEPST, not your friend's.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TTS: Locking to ECM