The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

TTS: Locking to ECM

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 11:55 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,430 Likes on 1,577 Posts

There is something going on with JasonVo as what he is reporting is not normal/correct. He has also managed to screw the ECM up and is sending it back to us, so we can try and figure out what is going on in his case. The bike, 2017 Street is from oversea's (Vietnam) and we are thinking something else maybe in play here. Until the failed ECM and tuner get back here, we will not know anything for sure.

Old 03-19-2017, 12:11 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
There is something going on with JasonVo as what he is reporting is not normal/correct. He has also managed to screw the ECM up and is sending it back to us, so we can try and figure out what is going on in his case. The bike, 2017 Street is from oversea's (Vietnam) and we are thinking something else maybe in play here. Until the failed ECM and tuner get back here, we will not know anything for sure.
Given his attempt to use someone else's SEPST VCI module, that's exactly what I was assuming as well. Something's definitely not right in his description of what's going on.

Old 03-19-2017, 02:14 PM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 207 Likes on 143 Posts

My question would be were either the FP3 or SEPST used and married to another bike? My next question would be were you able to load the TTS CAL back into the bike?

Once you restore the stock MTE file back into the bike you shouldn't have any problem using another tuner, as long as the tuner is not married to a different bike.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:57 PM
jasonvo
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
I can't help with the FP3, but if your friend had already used his SEPST, that's why it won't connect...because it's married to his bike. If he hasn't used it yet, you're both lucky it didn't connect to your bike, because then it would have been your SEPST, not your friend's.
Both tuners are new in the box and never used before, I don't mind to pay if it works. We both know it will married to the bike but after FP3 couldn't login we were up to 98% SEPST did the same.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:09 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Originally Posted by jasonvo
Both tuners are new in the box and never used before, I don't mind to pay if it works. We both know it will married to the bike but after FP3 couldn't login we were up to 98% SEPST did the same.
In that case, as Steve mentioned, part of the problem might be due to the fact that you have a non-US spec ECM.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:26 PM
jasonvo
Novice

Originally Posted by Wide Open Cycles
My question would be were either the FP3 or SEPST used and married to another bike? My next question would be were you able to load the TTS CAL back into the bike?

Once you restore the stock MTE file back into the bike you shouldn't have any problem using another tuner, as long as the tuner is not married to a different bike.
1. Both FP3 and SEPST are new in the box never use before.
2. TTS will load/save Stock MTE back without any issued. Everytime I loaded TTS basemap my bike got check enigne light and temp light on, when I restored stock MTE map my bike ran normal. I did restore my stock MTE back per Steve instruction but did not help, FP3 and SESPT still unable to login. Steve's working hard and support me on this issued, he's a good man.
3. After TTS basemap didn't worked for my bike I restored stock MTE back and bike ran for month. After FP3 and SEPST couldn't login I decided to use TTS unlock map on my ECM, the outcome my bike was not running and ECM won't accept any flashed from TTS interface. Steve offer me to send them both back so he can take a look.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:59 PM
jasonvo
Novice

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
Steve,
you gave me a good support on this issued and I appreciate that. I don't blame you or TTS product, every single step from the day one I did reported to you and you know what is going on. Well I am Engineer I used to work for CR techonolgy and Skyworks Solution, inc..now I have my own business here in Vietnam, I know how it felt when our products out on the market and customers feedback with a bugs on it. Steve, even your firmware not worked for my model I am willing to wait for you to fix it, I like TTS software layout and details tuning structure that how I picked TTS to start with. I will send my ECM and TTS interface to you today I hope you can fix it. In the meantime, I had ordered Thundermax ECM for my bike and it's on the way here. Here are the lists I did to my ECM:

1. from day one: installed TTS software, read ECM information and save Stock MTE to PC and a backup to TTS server.
2. Program TTS basemap to ECM, check engine light and temp light on, engine took a few crank to start with rough idle, turn the bike off and search all forum and I found your email.
3. Restore stock MTE map back, bike ran normal and report the issued to you.
4. You replied my email and asked me to load TTS basemap to ECM and save it to PC as MTE file and send back to you. I did it.
5. Bike ran for more than 3 weeks with stock MTE map without any issued, I sent a few emails to you to ask about my case status with no replied for about 2 weeks and I decided to order FP3 from J&P cycle and chat with J&P Tech support (I ordered TTS mastertune from them) I asked him to call you and he confirm with me after called "Steve's working hard on it to address issued"
6. Bike ran more than a month now, I got FP3 from mail box so happy with J&P cycle fast shipping service. Load FP3 app to my Iphone 7 and installed FP3, FP3 read bike information no problem, I tried to upload OEM map/program FP3 tune map it unable to connect to ECM. I..so frustrated.. and call a friend from local HD dealer to bring the SEPST over the same result.
7. Not so happy, drive my bike around with my friend to coffee shop to release stress and search forums again to address this issued and found out TTS support firmware to unlock ECM in case you lost you stock MTE. I uploaded TTS basemap up and received the unlock MTE file, I loaded unlock MTE to ECM and guess what my bike not started, I tried to restore my stock MTE map back it won't let me.
8. Email to you again about what I did and you asked me to send my ECM and TTS interface back to you to check.

I loved tuning car and bike this is the first time I got problem..tuning car and bike is hobby I don't mind if you ask me to test any firmware for you. I will buy TTS again if it work on any bike I have.

Last edited by jasonvo; 03-20-2017 at 05:01 AM.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:18 PM
jasonvo
Novice

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
In that case, as Steve mentioned, part of the problem might be due to the fact that you have a non-US spec ECM.
I know that but why FP3 and SEPST unable to login after TTS? TTS basemap won't work for my model that fine but why others couldn't login after TTS installed?

Old 03-19-2017, 10:42 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

I know that but why FP3 and SEPST unable to login after TTS? TTS basemap won't work for my model that fine but why others couldn't login after TTS installed?
I don't know. While I'm not a beginner, answering your question is beyond my knowledge level or personal experience.

I'm not aware of any "others couldn't log in after TTS installed". Steve has explained in several threads how to restore your factory tune if you want to go to a different tuner module, such as an FP3 or SEPST. I don't know why yours won't connect after restoring your original, factory tune.

Steve will have to dig into the code on your ECM and see if there are any clues.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:01 AM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 207 Likes on 143 Posts

1. Both FP3 and SEPST are new in the box never use before.
2. TTS will load/save Stock MTE back without any issued. Everytime I loaded TTS basemap my bike got check enigne light and temp light on, when I restored stock MTE map my bike ran normal. I did restore my stock MTE back per Steve instruction but did not help, FP3 and SESPT still unable to login. Steve's working hard and support me on this issued, he's a good man.
3. After TTS basemap didn't worked for my bike I restored stock MTE back and bike ran for month. After FP3 and SEPST couldn't login I decided to use TTS unlock map on my ECM, the outcome my bike was not running and ECM won't accept any flashed from TTS interface. Steve offer me to send them both back so he can take a look.
I'm sure Steve will make it right fot you. I've never had any issue at all with the TTS and this is the first I've heard of this one. I hope it's a simple fix and you get back in the wind soon. Good luck and let us know the outcome

Quick Reply: TTS: Locking to ECM