The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

TTS: Locking to ECM

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 09:54 AM
jasonvo
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
Jason

I need you to tell me Exactly what Emergency unlock file you tried, since there isn't any for the 2017 Street currently.
When you said the SESPT got to 98% what was it doing?

Your bike is a non USA model and I think that may have something to do with it but I am not sure. Your help in telling Exactly what you did will help get to the bottom of it much quicker.
Steve,
please read my replied posted, I did answer all your questions.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:09 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonvo
Steve,
please read my replied posted, I did answer all your questions.
I believe, if you give Steve the info the way and time he asks, he may just be able to get your bike out of its EFI delimma.
I say this because I too have not understood which file you attempted to put in you ECM since there are no cals listed for your bike in the TTS recovery site.
I do not understand what "98%" meant when you referred to the SESPT since you also stated it never started.
Also there is no "login" to the software in the ECM.
And lastly, AFAIK, you have not "quoted" the error messages?
I realize frustration abounds here but Steve is capable and will figure this out and fix it.
That said, if you are into trying all the tuners on the market you will need to precisely follow programming conventions to keep all the different system separate.
Again ,answering Steve (again?) even if you feel you have already provided the info, will assure faster resolve than frustrating Steve.
Bob

Old 03-21-2017, 12:26 PM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 207 Likes on 143 Posts

Best I can tell is the 98% it got to was trying to load a TTS Cal back in the bike. From what I can tell he was not able to get the FP3 or the SEPST to connect to the bike. I have a hunch that the TTS was unplugged or the bike powered off during the flashing process and now the ECM is corrupt. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:33 PM
GregGillette
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 174 Posts

Could a dealer flash back to factory installed image and you could start fresh?

Old 03-21-2017, 12:43 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

I believe this can be straightened out with accurate, complete info.
I wouldn't let a dealer get near my ECM unless they are just looking or diagnosing BCM and/or fob issues.
It's too easy for them to decide a bike needs an "update" calibration...wiping out the "good" tune and replacing it with a stock, untuned, cal.
Thanks again to TTS for protecting the ECM so no one can arbitrarily decide a different cal needs to be installed wiping out the tuned cal.
Bob

Old 03-21-2017, 03:27 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

[QUOTE=Wide Open Cycles;16053437 I have a hunch that the TTS was unplugged or the bike powered off during the flashing process and now the ECM is corrupt. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened.[/QUOTE]

Only time I have seen it happen. Sent the ECM and VCI to Steve. Told him what I did and how I screwed up. Fixed me right up.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:03 PM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
Only time I have seen it happen. Sent the ECM and VCI to Steve. Told him what I did and how I screwed up. Fixed me right up.
It's happened to me a few times, I tripped over the cable once and it unplugged in the middle of the flash. Another time the SERT program crashed during the flash. That computer didn't have enough memory. It's not anything that can't be fixed, just a PITA when it happens. You learn real quick to not do anything else while the CAL is loading to the bike. I have a suspicion that that is what happened in this case.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:49 PM
jasonvo
Novice

TTS tuner is a good product and excellent service no doubt about it. Unfortunately, TTS basemap not ready for my 2017 street model I am sure they will release it soon. Thanks to Steve he had following my case status for month. I did sent my ECM and TTS interface to Steve to help me fix it, I hope my bike in the wind soon.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:07 PM
jasonvo
Novice

Originally Posted by Wide Open Cycles
Best I can tell is the 98% it got to was trying to load a TTS Cal back in the bike. From what I can tell he was not able to get the FP3 or the SEPST to connect to the bike. I have a hunch that the TTS was unplugged or the bike powered off during the flashing process and now the ECM is corrupt. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened.
I think my writing confuse everyone here. The 98% i posted mean it won't married to the bike just like FP3 (chat with my friend before install) and 2% with hope it will married to the bike, I didn't mean it loaded up to 98%. During flash my battery always plug in charger, ignition on and run switch on. This is the basic step everyone should do when they flash the ECM.

Old 03-22-2017, 06:33 AM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor

Well I'm thoroughly confused. I'm lost in the terminology you ate using.

Steve, let us know what you find out please.

Quick Reply: TTS: Locking to ECM