Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power vision map

Old 10-12-2016, 07:18 PM
Shawn Crace
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power vision map

does anyone have a tune for a 2008 flhx with stage v 110 tire shredder for a power vision tuner?

Old 12-18-2016, 10:32 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm interested in finding one as well. Fuel Moto does not have any maps for the tire shredder and sent me one they thought was close but the bike wouldn't even run well enough to try and auto tune. I compared it to the Harley download and found that the injector size was different and some other inns as well. Does anyone have a base PV map for this setup that has MAP based vs. TP based VE tables?

Old 12-20-2016, 12:08 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 598 Likes on 413 Posts

Your best bet is to keep working with Jamie as he has the most comprehensive calibration database for P/V (other than Dynojet).
Always best to get the bike directly to a tuner so he can search out (trial and error if necessary) the closest calibration to start tuning/break in with.
Then break in the engine while controlling and monitoring everything crucial to break in procedures. (engine temps, loads, AFR, detonation)
The old-school method of putting 500+ miles on a new build before tuning is NOT APPLICABLE to EFI tuning since the engine only gets what is mapped and cannot "suck" (cams) harder to get more fuel where it needs it as with a carb.

There is no advantage to taking a fresh build with a best-guess calibration and going out onto the roads to "break" it in.

Get it to a reputable tuner and he will take care of making sure your neww build is broken in properly with accurate fueling and detonation protection.
Bob

Old 12-20-2016, 12:26 PM
MMXIWG
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FLTRI17
Your best bet is to keep working with Jamie as he has the most comprehensive calibration database for P/V (other than Dynojet).
Always best to get the bike directly to a tuner so he can search out (trial and error if necessary) the closest calibration to start tuning/break in with.
Then break in the engine while controlling and monitoring everything crucial to break in procedures. (engine temps, loads, AFR, detonation)
The old-school method of putting 500+ miles on a new build before tuning is NOT APPLICABLE to EFI tuning since the engine only gets what is mapped and cannot "suck" (cams) harder to get more fuel where it needs it as with a carb.

There is no advantage to taking a fresh build with a best-guess calibration and going out onto the roads to "break" it in.

Get it to a reputable tuner and he will take care of making sure your neww build is broken in properly with accurate fueling and detonation protection.
Bob
Thanks Bob. Problem is there's not any PV capable tuners in my area.

Old 12-20-2016, 03:49 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,103 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
I'm interested in finding one as well. Fuel Moto does not have any maps for the tire shredder and sent me one they thought was close but the bike wouldn't even run well enough to try and auto tune. I compared it to the Harley download and found that the injector size was different and some other inns as well. Does anyone have a base PV map for this setup that has MAP based vs. TP based VE tables?
If you are having an issue please email all of your info to jamie@fuelmotousa.com and we are more than happy to help get you squared away.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 12-20-2016, 04:25 PM
MMXIWG
Road Captain

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
If you are having an issue please email all of your info to jamie@fuelmotousa.com and we are more than happy to help get you squared away.
Jamie, I want to make it clear that the technical support from Fuel Moto has been outstanding. You made it clear that the map you sent was for a similar but not the exact setup I have. I think the issue may be that the injector size in the map you sent is larger than the injector size used by Harley in the kit.

While my bike is running fine with the Harley download, I think it could be better. I did copy over the lambda tables from the map you sent me but I think MAP based VE tables would be better.

I could try changing the fuel injector size in the map you sent so it is the same as the Harley map and flashing the ECM with it again but wanted to see if someone had a map specifically for the Tire Shredder Kit first.

Old 12-20-2016, 10:30 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,103 Likes on 1,339 Posts

No problem, I would be more than happy to assist with your calibration and tuning. If you want to send an email in with all of your compontents and let me know the specific injectors you are running (that is essential) i can compare the data with the original map we supplied and make any necessary adjustments. Just let us know and we are here to help.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:06 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Jamie, I want to make it clear that the technical support from Fuel Moto has been outstanding. You made it clear that the map you sent was for a similar but not the exact setup I have. I think the issue may be that the injector size in the map you sent is larger than the injector size used by Harley in the kit.

While my bike is running fine with the Harley download, I think it could be better. I did copy over the lambda tables from the map you sent me but I think MAP based VE tables would be better.

I could try changing the fuel injector size in the map you sent so it is the same as the Harley map and flashing the ECM with it again but wanted to see if someone had a map specifically for the Tire Shredder Kit first.

If you are in Smithfield I think that Wide Open Cycles (Vendor) is close by if you needs hands on...

The following users liked this post:
MMXIWG (12-22-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 03:23 PM
MMXIWG
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
If you are in Smithfield I think that Wide Open Cycles (Vendor) is close by if you needs hands on...
Thanks! Wide Open Cycles is definitely close enough for dyno tune in the future.

I've been working with Jamie at FuelMoto and so far have figured out that there are some oddities with the Harley tune I am using. I actually made a change to the tune I got from Jamie originally and was able to use it today. Bike seems to be pulling stronger already. I am so glad I listened to the guys on these forums

Last edited by MMXIWG; 12-22-2016 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:26 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Good news that you have been well treated and are happy.