The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: Power Vision Target Tune

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 06:30 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Power Vision Target Tune

Wanted to hear from riders that have installed Target Tune to their PowerVision tuner- how is it working for ya'll?

Old 11-25-2016, 07:12 PM
Tired
Elite HDF Member
Received 4,451 Likes on 1,693 Posts

Mine runs pretty good on it. But it ran pretty good on the narrow bands also. Did seem a little smoother on the wide bands though.

Old 11-26-2016, 10:15 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 651 Posts

I don't really notice a difference at cruise but where it is extremely noticable of the improvement from target tune, is the low rpms. I am very happy with it

The following users liked this post:
oldhippie (09-14-2017)
Old 11-27-2016, 09:23 AM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 728 Likes on 404 Posts

What's the difference between target tune and auto tune?

Old 11-27-2016, 10:58 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

Marketing

Old 11-27-2016, 11:58 AM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,152 Likes on 720 Posts

Actually there is more than marketing that's different.

There's Autotune Basic, Autotune Pro, and Target Tune.

Autotune Basic uses the Powervision and your narrowband sensors for tuning.

Autotune Pro uses wideband sensors, a special control module, and your Powervision for tuning. Like Autotune Basic, Autotune Pro setup makes adjustment to you tune when it's downloaded. Most noteably to the AFR tables are adjusted (everything set to 14.3 for Autotune Pro). When tunning has been completed, the module and wideband sensors are removed, narrowbands are reinstalled, and your AFR's are restored etc.

Target Tune should be thought of independently to Powervision. Yes Target Tune can and does work with Powervision, but it's designed to be a permanent install that allows the bike to run full time closed loop. You can (and should) Autotune with Target Tune/Powervision. Unlike Autotune Pro, changes are not made to the AFR tables. So if you have a desirable AFR table loaded in your tune, Target Tune will Autotune with it. Once Autotuning is complete, the Target Tune and widebands remain in place and you run full time closed loop thereafter. The Powervision can be removed or left on the bike per the user's preference. Again Target Tune and Powervision should be looked at separately. They are not dependent.

Last edited by T^2; 11-27-2016 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Typos
The following 2 users liked this post by T^2:
16_Tri-Glide (05-29-2020), ReDo (10-27-2019)
Old 11-27-2016, 02:38 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Reindeer
What's the difference between target tune and auto tune?

No such thing as auto tune, they all require some form of operator intervention to get the most out of the engine.

Old 11-27-2016, 03:52 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Cleared that up for me.

Originally Posted by T^2
Actually there is more than marketing that's different.

There's Autotune Basic, Autotune Pro, and Target Tune.

Autotune Basic uses the Powervision and your narrowband sensors for tuning.

Autotune Pro uses wideband sensor, a special control module, and your Powervision for tuning. Like Autotune Basic, Autotune Pro setup makes adjustment to you tune when it's downloaded. Most noteably to the AFR tables are adjusted (everything set to 14.3 for Autotune Pro). When tunning has been completed, the module and wideband sensors are removed, narrowbands are reinstalled, and your AFR's are restored etc.

Target Tune should be thought of independently to Powervision. Yes Target Tune can and does work with Powervision, but it's designed to be a permanent install that allows the bike to run full time closed loop. You can (and should) Autotune with Target Tune/Powervision. Unlike Autotune Pro, changes are not made to the AFR tables. So if you have a desirable AFR table loaded in your tune, Target Tune will Autotune with it. Once Autotuning is complete, the Target Tune and widebands remain in place and you run full time closed loop thereafter. The Powervision can be removed of left on the bike per the user's preference. Again Target Tune and Powervision should be looked at separately. They are not dependent.
Okay, good to know. So, I have V&H Propipe on my 2011 FLHRKC, I think I have 12mm O2 sensors ( narrow band ) - can I get 18mm O2 bungs to weld in the head pipe so I could run a Target Tune?

Old 11-27-2016, 05:59 PM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,152 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by mgmmgm
Okay, good to know. So, I have V&H Propipe on my 2011 FLHRKC, I think I have 12mm O2 sensors ( narrow band ) - can I get 18mm O2 bungs to weld in the head pipe so I could run a Target Tune?
​​​​​​
Dynojet ships Target Tune with two straight 18mm bungs. You can also get 45 degree bungs should they be needed. They are widely available. If you have an appropriate spot on your pipes to weld the bungs you should be good to go. I would consult Dynojet for the maximum distance form the heads that the O2 sensors can be placed etc. Details matter when installing bungs.

Old 11-28-2016, 04:46 PM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

comes alive when Target Tune is mentioned, hehehehe

Quick Reply: DYNOJET: Power Vision Target Tune