The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

TTS: Spark Knock Help??

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 04:55 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 559 Posts

Pothole, I haven't used TTS but not all tuners have a way to read the map from the ECM. I looked through the instructions for the TTS and the only thing I think you can try is in the TTS Tuning Guide on page 8 there is a procedure for programming a setup. I suggest you follow that, loading the file that most closely matches your build, but stop after doing step 2.4.4. After confirming communication it looks like in the instructions there is a drop down list that says "Get ECM Info", a button that says "Option Settings", and a button that says "Run Command". I would see what other commands are in the drop down list to see if there is some kind of Get command that gets the current MEP. If not see what options are available in the "Option Settings" button. Just do not select the "Program ECM" option in the drop down list and send it. That will overwrite your current map. If you are unsure of everything you find in those areas do, post up what you find or contact TTS manufacturer.

Old 12-13-2016, 06:53 PM
Pothole914
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,682 Likes on 1,469 Posts

Thanks Jay, I appreciate the info. My grandad once told me, "son, if you're scared, say you're scared." I'm scared. LOL I looked at the Cal listing but, I can't see anything that is close to my bike. I have an 04 Ultra with the 95" upgrade. S&S 510G cams, D&D Fat Cat exhaust and K&N Air Filter. The Cal listing only shows "touring exhaust" as an option. The cam is not listed at all and I don't know what it would convert to that is listed.

I'M SO CONFUSED........

Old 12-13-2016, 06:58 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

If Cal means California I don't think you would see your cams and set up listed as it's a illegal for California. Look at maps outside of California. If Cal is something else (calibration) then I'm a dumbass! Lol

The thundermax has California maps and 50 state maps. That's why I'm not sure about what Cal is.

Last edited by golfblues; 12-13-2016 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:13 PM
Pothole914
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by golfblues
If Cal means California I don't think you would see your cams and set up listed as it's a illegal for California. Look at maps outside of California. If Cal is something else (calibration) then I'm a dumbass! Lol

The thundermax has California maps and 50 state maps. That's why I'm not sure about what Cal is.
Cal is for Calibration, sorry. LOL

Old 12-13-2016, 11:08 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member

If the S&S 510 isn't listed then look for the Andrews 37, Woods 6-6, or SE 203. They aren't the same exact timing but have the same lift. Not asking you to program it with any of this at this point so it doesn't really matter what map you load as long as you don't program it, then follow the rest of what I said above.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:53 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member

If you want to try and load a program (lose the current program) I would use the BEV105-05 calibration and do some data runs on your own. The only thing that does not match in that is your Fat Cat instead of the mufflers so the stock MAP may run a little lean on you. If it feels a bit sluggish, note the RPMs and if you are accel, deccel, or cruising. Adjust AFR down in the areas that are sluggish. 20 to 26 kPa for decel, 30 to 60 kPa for cruising, 70 kPa and up for accel. The stock MAPs are usually conservative so that will probably get rid of your pinging but you lose your tune that the tuner has been doing. If you are going this route then read the TTS tuning guide. It is a lot of information and the number of data fields that can be adjusted can be overwhelming, but can be worth it.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:54 PM
Pothole914
Grand HDF Member

Thanks again Jay. I was told that the TTS tuner stores the tune itself. I'm reading now to find out how to move that to my pc so I KNOW that I can go back if I need to.

Old 12-24-2016, 06:03 AM
Sparra
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you go to search programs and files on your computer and do a search for mte ,you may find the cal your looking for is already stored on your computer...I thought I had lost my stock map,did this and found it..

Old 12-25-2016, 01:55 PM
Hilly13
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Is your current tune not saved on your VCI? If it's the blue one it should be if the tuning was done in recent times.

Edit, I see above you are aware of this, simply download that calibration from the vci and save it in a few places, you paid for it so you don't want to lose it.

Last edited by Hilly13; 12-25-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:44 PM
rsking45
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

This might be a stupid question but here it is.
I finished up doing cams and was able to get out for a short ride. All was good except for a slight tick that sounded like a exhaust leek. I checked for leaks and none are found. The tick only seams to happen at 2000rpm,weather riding or just working the throttle in nuetural, and I havent been able to ride again and do a data run.
Does spark knock sound like a exhaust type leak?

Quick Reply: TTS: Spark Knock Help??