The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

Other Devices: FP3: What map?.. no response from V&H

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 07:22 PM
iglideUC
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default FP3: What map?.. no response from V&H

I am running the street cannons, stock headers, and the SE Ventilator A/C. I emailed V&H Thursday but I have not received a reply yet. I am looking for the initial map download to flash and then run auto-tune(If needed). Any help for this setup would be appreciated.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:49 AM
iglideUC
Road Captain

I finally heard back from V&H...
"Hello,
Please select Vance & Hines Twin Slash Round Slip-ons w/ standard baffle as your base map. Run the bike for 2-3 tanks of gas. Auto tune if needed. "

Old 01-09-2017, 07:19 AM
silveradoman2
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 95 Posts

1. Is this your first time using the FP3?
2. Yes use the initial map they suggest. After at least 100 miles of using it then do the Auto tune.
3. In Auto tune, you ride the bike in all types of ranges. High rpm, hard throttle and cruising. After each 100 miles apply the learned and keep the auto tune on. Do this at least 3 times applying the learned curves. When done finish the learned values and should be good to go.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:43 PM
iglideUC
Road Captain

Thanks, coming off a power commander from my last bike. My inner geek is pulling me to the App interface for real time with a flash ability instead of piggyback!

Old 01-09-2017, 04:49 PM
silveradoman2
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 95 Posts

I leave the FP3 always attached to the bike. There is a lot of things you can do with it. You can monitor eng temp, speed, more than I can remember. The auto tune feature is nice. It shows the different values and which ones have been filled or not. That's why they say to ride it about an hour and apply learned values, but continuing the session so each time you apply it knows how the bike is used. After maybe 3 auto tune sessions apply the learned values and finish the session. No more troubles.
V&H will only have suggested maps with there product. Like you did, just inform them what your set up is, pipes, headers, A/C or anything else you may have done and they will guide you in the right direction.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:56 AM
71on72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,300 Likes on 8,534 Posts

Agree with above. Look at AFR Table after each Apply Learned Values. Take screen shot and compare to previous Apply. When you don't see any change then Flash the final map.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:59 AM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

little typo there, it's the VE tables front and rear that you should compare. General opinion seems to be if auto tune is changing the VE by less than 3% you are as close as you will probably get.

This, unfortunately, is where the FP3 lets you down - it doesn't tell you how much of a change there was, and you can not easily compare one map with another because the little App is nowhere clever enough compared to a proper computer program.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:28 AM
iglideUC
Road Captain

Thanks for all the info. My plan is to load the suggested map, run it as mentioned for a few miles, and then setup auto tune and forget about it for a couple weeks. After that I will apply the changes and then Finish the flash. Unless, of course, something goes south and i have to frag the mission and apply a contingency! LOL
Hopefully I will not have to call on a request for fire BUT if I do, stand by the comms!
Thanks again..

Old 01-10-2017, 12:56 PM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor
Received 178 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon61
little typo there, it's the VE tables front and rear that you should compare. General opinion seems to be if auto tune is changing the VE by less than 3% you are as close as you will probably get.

This, unfortunately, is where the FP3 lets you down - it doesn't tell you how much of a change there was, and you can not easily compare one map with another because the little App is nowhere clever enough compared to a proper computer program.
Not yet... but soon.

Also, make sure you send FP3 questions through the application. Otherwise you are sending them to the general inbox and will take longer. If you send it through the app its typically a 24 hour turn around for questions.

Last edited by vanceandhines; 01-10-2017 at 12:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Sam D. (02-28-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 04:28 PM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Good to hear Chris, that would be a great help. I don't know if the idea is copyrighted or anything but a basic +- changes mode for the hits screen really does help to see where you are heading.

Are you still working towards being able to collect logs?

Quick Reply: Other Devices: FP3: What map?.. no response from V&H