The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: Low MPG 2016 Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 08:14 AM
gdishman
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Low MPG 2016 Heritage

I have a 2016 heritage ride two up most of the time hardly never get above 3000 rpm. Have V&H big shots, Screamin eagle air filter, Power vision target tune. I have all VE's set and my average mpg is still 34 miles per gallon. This has been the average even before the autotune had begun. The bike runs great. No running issues. I am tuning off the map sensor and not the throttle blade position. What am I missing or what can be done?

Old 02-21-2017, 08:32 PM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's what you're missing; You don't need a tuner for the engine configuration you have. Yeah, that piece of crap power vision piggy back garbage tells lies to your stock ECU. Take that power vision and throw it right in the garbage! Get your stage 1 download from the stealership and let your O2 sensors on your headers do the talking. That's all you need!

Old 02-22-2017, 09:34 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by gdishman
I have a 2016 heritage ride two up most of the time hardly never get above 3000 rpm. Have V&H big shots, Screamin eagle air filter, Power vision target tune. I have all VE's set and my average mpg is still 34 miles per gallon. This has been the average even before the autotune had begun. The bike runs great. No running issues. I am tuning off the map sensor and not the throttle blade position. What am I missing or what can be done?
Please post up your commanded AF/Lambda table and we'll take a look at this first.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following users liked this post:
Mr. Wizard (02-22-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 09:43 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by producer
Here's what you're missing; You don't need a tuner for the engine configuration you have. Yeah, that piece of crap power vision piggy back garbage tells lies to your stock ECU. Take that power vision and throw it right in the garbage! Get your stage 1 download from the stealership and let your O2 sensors on your headers do the talking. That's all you need!
I believe you may have products mixed up. Dynojet Power Vision/Target Tune is not a piggyback device; Power Vision is a full featured ECM flash tuner and Target Tune is kit that converts the OEM narrowband closed loop system to incorporate Bosch wideband O2's directly into the H-D Delphi ECM. This can be used to tune anywhere from stock up to highly modified engines.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:16 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

I'd take off the target tune and MAP your VE's with the stock sensors. They are more accurate and faster. No reason to have a bike that is capable of running closed loop through out the entire RPM and KPA range. Because the ECM wont ever actually let it run that way anyway.

The following users liked this post:
msocko3 (02-22-2017)
Old 02-22-2017, 05:04 PM
gdishman
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Jamie I was unable to figure out how to post that page. So I emailed you the whole tune file. that for all your help. The bike runs great no smoke, no strong exhaust smell, Just 33 to 36 mpg. No matter what I try.

Old 02-25-2017, 09:57 AM
producer
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Jamie

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
I believe you may have products mixed up. Dynojet Power Vision/Target Tune is not a piggyback device; Power Vision is a full featured ECM flash tuner and Target Tune is kit that converts the OEM narrowband closed loop system to incorporate Bosch wideband O2's directly into the H-D Delphi ECM. This can be used to tune anywhere from stock up to highly modified engines.