The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

Other Devices: Fuelpak fp3 q

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 04:20 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts
Thumbs up Fuelpak fp3 q

Is there ANYWAY to un marry it from bike, say to transfer to another bike, or if I total bike, or I flat out want to sell to get something better, I remember, when I was building cars, the "Trinity" was the tuner too get, now I happen to total a 450hp FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CAR, yea I know, learned my lesson , believe in that!! the guy did me a solid had me, enter some type of code thru a series of screens, and it wiped it clean, it worked 100% and I was told they don't do, or it couldn't be done, but tell that t6o my challenger srt I installed it into.....thank for heads up.....AND LET ME TELL YOU THAT WAS GREAT BUISNESS, I STILL PREACH TRINITY IN CAR TUNERS, AND THEY ARE AWESOME, THEY WERE MAKING THE DIABLOSPORT MOST WOULD GET,WHICH IS SIMILIAR TO FP3 BESIDES BLUETOOTH, THE TUNER LOOKED LIKE A PHONE,LOL, BUT I HAD THE T-1000 DASH MOUNTED SO I CAN SEE EVERYTHING REAL TIME, AWESOME TOOL, OK , BACK TO FP3, ANY LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL?

Old 02-20-2017, 04:42 PM
Big Dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,011 Likes on 558 Posts

Nope - from what i have read the FP3 is a one shot deal once its married to the bike its done

Dave

Old 02-20-2017, 05:16 PM
Jaystn62
Stellar HDF Member

Received 213 Likes on 155 Posts

Once married to bike that's it. I even called V&H and asked.

Old 02-20-2017, 05:25 PM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior
Received 416 Likes on 311 Posts

What is it that you want to do, that the FP3 isn't capable of?

Old 02-20-2017, 08:27 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

it only controls, the gas, hence fuel pak, the more I look into these other tuners, there COMPLETE ecm modules, with 2 bosch o2 sensors etc, ive been reading lots, the fuelpak is good for a baseline tune, but for 100 more and someone who will "tune"it for you, not even on a dyno, which would be best, I feel im leaving a lot of horsepower on the table, from the comparisons ive seen....read up on em, obviously dynojet, but I found these to be wayyy more user friendly and huge gains....thundermax
http://thunder-max.com/Products/Thun...ms309-460.aspx

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 02-20-2017 at 08:31 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:30 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

and I call bs on v&h for that, that's a $$$$ thing, you can totally wipe the memory clean, all they have to do is remove vin currently in module, like I said trinity would do it, but they wanted to see pics of car totaled, and a few other bogus things, I got a cool guy on phone he did it with me,no lie 3 minutes, brand new t-1000

Old 02-20-2017, 08:42 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

I've just installed the new TMax 309-460 with Wave Tune and USB connectivity. What a great device. I bought it because of heat problems with my new Stage II SE 103 build with SE 255 cams. The rear cylinder would get hot really fast and go into parade mode every time I'd stop. Very annoying! The dealer had flashed the stock ECM with the HD Stage II kit settings. It ran ok, but because of BS EPA legislation, those canned HD Maps all run at 14.7 AFR. Guaranteed to melt down a big bore motor!

So, since the TMax installation I've got nothing but praise for ThunderHeart. Their ECM works like magic. The new Wave Tune takes care of IAC-Auto automatically and AutoTune runs by default right on the TMax unit updating the MAP values as you ride. All you do now is upload the corrected MAP to your computer occasionally to save for future remapping if necessary. Everything can still be tweaked manually (timing, AFR etc.) if need be, or you're a custom detail freak... but since my bike runs great, why F with it.

I couldn't be happier. I came from a Stage I with a V&H FuelPak that ran hot, popped like crazy on decel and idled like crap to a Stage II Big Bore, with a high flow oil pump and mild cams that runs cool, has no decel popping at all, pulls like a diesel truck and idles perfect at TMax's recommended 896RPM.

I highly recommend this ECM. So far it's been flawless!

Old 02-20-2017, 08:45 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

896 w/cams must sound amazing, and ive felt the heat I have stage 1 fp3, and the decel pop, if im going to do cams etc,I want full use of, and again you DONT NEED A DYNO, read around this ecm kick a$$

Old 02-20-2017, 11:53 PM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior
Received 416 Likes on 311 Posts

Well it sucks that you weren't happy with the FP3, but it definitely does far more than just fuel. It sounds like you could have used a good call to V&H's to help you sort out your troubles. Because it is very user friendly, and capable if you just try a bit.

Old 02-21-2017, 01:12 AM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMMYBLAZIN
I've just installed the new TMax 309-460 with Wave Tune and USB connectivity. What a great device. I bought it because of heat problems with my new Stage II SE 103 build with SE 255 cams. The rear cylinder would get hot really fast and go into parade mode every time I'd stop. Very annoying! The dealer had flashed the stock ECM with the HD Stage II kit settings. It ran ok, but because of BS EPA legislation, those canned HD Maps all run at 14.7 AFR. Guaranteed to melt down a big bore motor!

So, since the TMax installation I've got nothing but praise for ThunderHeart. Their ECM works like magic. The new Wave Tune takes care of IAC-Auto automatically and AutoTune runs by default right on the TMax unit updating the MAP values as you ride. All you do now is upload the corrected MAP to your computer occasionally to save for future remapping if necessary. Everything can still be tweaked manually (timing, AFR etc.) if need be, or you're a custom detail freak... but since my bike runs great, why F with it.

I couldn't be happier. I came from a Stage I with a V&H FuelPak that ran hot, popped like crazy on decel and idled like crap to a Stage II Big Bore, with a high flow oil pump and mild cams that runs cool, has no decel popping at all, pulls like a diesel truck and idles perfect at TMax's recommended 896RPM.

I highly recommend this ECM. So far it's been flawless!
aye aye ...there's an echo

Originally Posted by brock1
...one from 18/5/2016 ?? ...

Quick Reply: Other Devices: Fuelpak fp3 q