"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Dec 7 Toy Run (Ft Lauderdale) who's in?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 11:48 AM
wuaname
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree the wait at the beginning kinda sucks and I was one of those who misplaced his motorcycle when the wife and I went for a walk while waiting on the start. The ride didn't take off on schedule, and a bunch of people were strolling in late with no problem. Next year I am either not riding it, going straight (as in all my prior years) or arriving late to the staging area.

Once we got going, the ride wasn't bad, no complaints.... we had a good pace al the way up until we got off on SR 84, and were reaching Chester's... then that right turn up to the park's back entrance was stop and go, but no issue for the number of bikes.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:16 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by wuaname
I agree the wait at the beginning kinda sucks and I was one of those who misplaced his motorcycle when the wife and I went for a walk while waiting on the start. The ride didn't take off on schedule, and a bunch of people were strolling in late with no problem. Next year I am either not riding it, going straight (as in all my prior years) or arriving late to the staging area.

Once we got going, the ride wasn't bad, no complaints.... we had a good pace al the way up until we got off on SR 84, and were reaching Chester's... then that right turn up to the park's back entrance was stop and go, but no issue for the number of bikes.
I lost my scooter too, don't feel bad, there were a bunch of us looking for black Road Kings! The way they pack them in it's easy to lose yours if you walk away, even shooting a vector from a landmark like I did. Now I'd use the Waze app to leave breadcrumbs to where it is.