"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Floridas Local Meetup Groups

Old 02-04-2015, 09:32 AM
Rollbar
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Mod please delete.

error

Last edited by Rollbar; 02-04-2015 at 08:45 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:27 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Not to be disrespectful, but seems you would want to build on this group if you are a member..instead of advertising another riding group? I may be out of line of course.

Chuck

Old 02-04-2015, 08:43 PM
Rollbar
Road Captain

I agree and didn't think of it that way. I was thinking of specific areas and not general Fla/having to search what area is riding etc.
I can delete it as I see what you are saying.
I was just coming from being more specific and didn't think of taking away from here.
But in the end I agree with you and again, didn't think of it that way.
Thanks,

Old 02-14-2015, 09:11 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,325 Likes on 10,701 Posts

Ok guys, someone has got to take the other side.......

I say it is fine. Go to www.MeetUp.com. There are many biker groups (lots in FL) you can check out.

B4 anyone starts laying into me, this is 'me line of thinking......

If this forum is secure, confident, and is the BEST forum there is, then nothing said regarding other places to check out would intimidate it.

In addition, we as participants would respect this forum MORE sharing the ability to check other locations out.

In addition, this forum is likely not run by a Hitler like mentality that is is 100% MY WAY OR HIGHWAY line of thinking.

In addition, if this was a post that should have been deleted then it would likely have been deleted by now.

In addition, if there was a concern for sharing info abt other sites stealing us as participants, then I suspect all links would automatically notify a moderator or 2+ so it can be checked out.

I on occasion suggest the MeetUp above as well as www.sc-ma.org websites and not once has any moderator scolded me (or said anything at all actually to me) or deleted or modified 'me post that I am aware of.

Originally, when the site was smaller, the above may not have been the case. But I am not sure about that, I could be wrong there.

The above speaks VOLUMES about how GOOD this site is and builds a higher respect as well as loyalty here in my opinion.

So Rollbar, I say, "you done good" mate and no worries. And hat's off to this forum for being the quality site we all think it is.

BuzzCap7

Old 02-14-2015, 09:22 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

I also think it's fine if we post about our riding groups. The Florida Crew is part of Regional Events, Rides and Road Reports, and to me that can be interpreted any way you like. I'm all for more posting in this forum, more activity would generate more posting and likely lead to meeting up and riding more frequently together.

I have occasionally posted up rides that me and my friends are doing, so have others, and have invited anybody from the Crew to join in. So if you've started a riding group, whether it's on Meetup.com or not, by all means post about it, and invite others to join. I don't think these rides would take anything away from the Fl Crew.

Please all of you keep posting here. Keep the pages lively, post up events happening in your areas, at your dealerships, restaurant suggestions, road reports, anything bike and Florida related is cool.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:48 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,325 Likes on 10,701 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
I also think it's fine if we post about our riding groups. The Florida Crew is part of Regional Events, Rides and Road Reports, and to me that can be interpreted any way you like. I'm all for more posting in this forum, more activity would generate more posting and likely lead to meeting up and riding more frequently together.

I have occasionally posted up rides that me and my friends are doing, so have others, and have invited anybody from the Crew to join in. So if you've started a riding group, whether it's on Meetup.com or not, by all means post about it, and invite others to join. I don't think these rides would take anything away from the Fl Crew.

Please all of you keep posting here. Keep the pages lively, post up events happening in your areas, at your dealerships, restaurant suggestions, road reports, anything bike and Florida related is cool.
Whooooo Hoooooo..........................THAT having been said then I have this to say about that.

1) I will definitely post the 1,000th post dinner ride we wuz talk'n about.

2) I have a wicked fun ride to Bubbaloo's Bodacious BBQ in Orlando I would like to schedule as soon as I get 'me weight down.

3) I have another wicked fun ride up thru Apopka State Park, thru Mt. Dora (what I call the tunnel of trees tho it is a short tunnel) and then we stay in another place I call Little Downtown Disney) where there is a pub, cigar bar, coffee house, beer world, movie theater, ice cream shop, etc.

With #2 & #3 above we can get totally blitzed and the hotel is literally "right there".

Don't get me wrong mates, I am not an alcoholic but on occasion it is nice to be with other blokes, eat good food and get f'n silly. Not stupid but silly. Ok, substitute the word silly for feeling good.

No drinking and then riding.

More on this matter when 'me weight is down where I need it to be. Then I'll F it up a bit but no worries, I'll get it back down. Whoooo Hooooo!!!

For Lauren, HIP HIP HORAAAAAY. HIP HIP HORAAAAAY!!!!!

BuzzCap7

Old 02-19-2015, 09:51 AM
Rollbar
Road Captain

Thanks all, I was just trying to be more specific with some who might be in the local area/seeing our county/location to the right of our forum names.

It is tough enough for everyone to find a local ride sometimes and some look to see the posters location and just say forget it, nothing is happening in my area etc.

I started a meetup.com group as a trial basis for 6 month for 30 bucks/50% off (after 6 months it goes to 15 bucks a month I think if 50 or more are in the group) so locals would see it/ride.

I'm sure a few are on here as well. So far 26 people signed up/no charge for the trial period (after the 6 months, not sure I can handle it on my own) and if it doesn't work out then I'll cancel it, but again, we will see.

What would really be nice is breaking the Fl crew up into a tri-county area or even to 4 county areas with the/this main Fl Crew forum as the base and the rest of the categories/county listings to announce rides etc.
Just a thought that would take someone sitting down and adding the info to the/edit the forum.

Again, not trying to take away from this forum (and why would I as a paid member of this forum, I support it) just being more specific than "hey we got a ride going on" and people miss it because the OP is not in their area and them thinking it doesn't pertain to them and skipping over it. It happens sometimes, even with me.

One nice thing about the meetup, is when something is posted in your area/group, people get notifications and can RSVP-makes it easier.

What would really be nice, and I have thought of it, is when my trail period is up that I shift everyone to this forum-but again, trying to weed through the post to find one in your area and not looking at every post-who is going to do that, yes a lot of us, but not the majority I guess. I could even put a link on meetup to the specified group on here, that is a start.

I might be wrong on this whole thing, but I'm just trying to get things happening in my area and make it easy for some/get notified etc.
Hey, I met 26 new people in one week, have their phone numbers and scheduling some basic ride for now (need a new seat).

Well thanks for letting me explain my intentions somewhat/if it made since.

Mod, delete if you need to.

Again, no harm intended to this forum or anyone here. Not trying to take anyone away from here, just figuring it all out.

Thanks again,
Jim

Last edited by Rollbar; 02-19-2015 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:44 AM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No harm. No foul. One would need to know the history of the Florida Crew and how we ended up so deep in the forum to understand. If you can imagine it, there were so many posts from the folks in the Florida Crew we literally got complaints so they moved us into our own little space where everything was Florida Crew specific. The guiding principle has always been NO RULES - JUST RIDE so we became a group of folks not looking to become a tribe and certainly not looking for a chief. Some have come along and tried to get us "organized" but that is like herding cats.

Don't focus so much on the organization but focus on riding. Post up a ride with a start location and a KSU time and see who shows up. Or post up a destination and see who shows up.

I have seen this bunch ride 300 miles for a hamburger and it doesn't have to be a good hamburger either.

Things are slow now as many have moved away and some moved on. Friends still stay in touch and have little get togethers from time to time.

Check in from time to time and see how things go.

Old 02-19-2015, 10:54 AM
Rollbar
Road Captain

Thanks ^^.

Not looking to be a chief or or a tribe, just getting the word out/who ever wants to ride, rides etc. Don't want to come off that way. But I understand now that you posted.

Good idea about posting the ride(s) here as well-great tip.

Thanks again for the help,
Jim