"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Chesters HD in Sunrise versus HD of Palm Beach (45th St)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 07:52 PM
Roger That
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bring lots of singles, so you can make it.........RAIN!

Old 03-02-2015, 03:26 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

I haven't been to either of the dealerships, only because I don't make it a point to stop at Harley dealers when on a trip out of town. But, I find it interesting that owners seem to purchase their bikes somewhere other than their local dealer. In my area, Daytona, a lot of people go to Sanford to buy bikes. I know quite a few riders in Sanford who buy their bikes in Orlando. On a ride to Jupiter, I was talking to some locals in Stuart who said they have to go Palm Bay to get a good deal. I would think a dealership would want to sell to their local customers, but it just doesn't seem that is their thinking. I do have somewhat of an interest in the Chester stores, as they have been buying up the Rossmeyer dealerships around the nation, and since Daytona & New Smyrna are the last two points left in what was the Rossmeyer empire, I have to wonder if it will be Chester's Daytona H-D sometime in the future. And more importantly to me, would that be a good or bad thing?

Old 03-02-2015, 07:12 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,339 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona Fat Boy
I haven't been to either of the dealerships, only because I don't make it a point to stop at Harley dealers when on a trip out of town. But, I find it interesting that owners seem to purchase their bikes somewhere other than their local dealer. In my area, Daytona, a lot of people go to Sanford to buy bikes. I know quite a few riders in Sanford who buy their bikes in Orlando. On a ride to Jupiter, I was talking to some locals in Stuart who said they have to go Palm Bay to get a good deal. I would think a dealership would want to sell to their local customers, but it just doesn't seem that is their thinking. I do have somewhat of an interest in the Chester stores, as they have been buying up the Rossmeyer dealerships around the nation, and since Daytona & New Smyrna are the last two points left in what was the Rossmeyer empire, I have to wonder if it will be Chester's Daytona H-D sometime in the future. And more importantly to me, would that be a good or bad thing?
Hi DFB,

Very interesting u said that. I have often wondered if I would get a better deal buying outside the area. But I seem to be loyal and want to purchase and service the bike at the same location.

Yesterday I dropped in on Stuart (Treasure Coast HD) more off the cuff than anything else and was going to ask them for a trade in price. I arrived at 4:35PM but they closed at 4P. 4P on a Sunday? That was a bit of a surprise. But ok.

Maybe I should drop in (earlier) on Petersons and Palm Beach HD (45th St.) and price them out.

After getting a price and HORRIBLE service from Chesters in Sunrise, I touched base with Palm Beach HD about their Extended Service Plan (ESP) and the cost was the same. Maybe the ESP would be the same but I am sure there is flexibility with the purchase. Like u were pointing too.

TY for the info!!

BuzzCap7

Old 03-06-2015, 08:25 AM
billatstarbrite
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been to both, bought the bike from Chester's
Staffing rotates in and out so much it's hard to say how either one is day to day. The staff that was great one day will be replaced by the staff of douchenozzles the next and vice versa. I do like how the Chester family supports the sport, so they get my business. Same for the Petersons in Dade County. Great people.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:31 PM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

I have bought a in Orlando and Ocala got much better deals there then my home town But saying that I bought my 14 from local dealer . Only reason is they really wanted my trade . But so did Ocala they gavee a better deal . Ft Myers matched it the day I was headed to Ocala But I would check out treasure coast after stopping there

Old 03-12-2015, 08:25 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,339 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by PRrdglide
I have bought a in Orlando and Ocala got much better deals there then my home town But saying that I bought my 14 from local dealer . Only reason is they really wanted my trade . But so did Ocala they gavee a better deal . Ft Myers matched it the day I was headed to Ocala But I would check out treasure coast after stopping there
How much of a better deal? $1K? $2K? $500? Can u give us an idea?

BuzzCap7

Old 03-17-2015, 01:53 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Chesters is my local dealer and I have to report two good experiences. I ride a springer so parts are hard to come by. I needed a crossover exhaust gasket and of course, out of stock. Dale the weekend parts guy recognized it from the picture and said a sporty gasket, which he did have in stock, would work which it did. I like a parts man that can cross-reference in his head.

And I wanted to get my rocker bearings and fallaway adjusted, which is sort of an esoteric mechanical exercise. I asked the service man, figuring I'd be in for a fleecing, he said they have a springer guy on staff, he came out and asked me what I needed, said it'll be three hours labor and if I'd leave the bike he'd do it right away. Well, 2 hours later I checked back and brought him a hubcap I'd bought to see if he would install it, no problem he said, and the work did indeed take him right at three hours.

My experience there has been very good so I thought I'd give them some props.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:58 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Joe what's the name of the Springer dude at Chesters? When they did my Springer front end service a year ago they made quite a mess of things and forgot to tighten bolts. I use an Indy in Boynton now for my Springer.

Old 03-18-2015, 06:01 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
Joe what's the name of the Springer dude at Chesters? When they did my Springer front end service a year ago they made quite a mess of things and forgot to tighten bolts. I use an Indy in Boynton now for my Springer.
Lauren I don't recall now, but that is not good to hear! I had mine done about 9 mos or so ago and all is well. I have since purchased the tools and watched the video on how to do it myself but wanted an experienced eye on it the first time.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:47 PM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i tried to buy my bike from pb and did not close the deal. I had pb and tc on internet sales. I wanted a OTD price first then I would come down. TC gave that to me. I went there signed the papers, rang the giant bell, got my pics taken and away I went. Very nice experience. and the service dept was good. free pop corn and leather couches.

Quick Reply: Chesters HD in Sunrise versus HD of Palm Beach (45th St)