"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

FREE Gas Siphon

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 12:03 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,326 Likes on 10,702 Posts
Default FREE Gas Siphon

Hey guys,

Attached is a picture of a simple gas siphon. it does not take up much room at all. it is the kind where you stick one end into the gas tank, suck on the other end to get the gas moving down the siphon. You know, the old trusty way to siphon gas out of the tank.

I leave to on my bike. One is for me to give it away to whomever needs a on the side of the road. The other I hold onto just in case.

If you would like one of these, I would be happy to meet you or drop it off at your house or mail it to you, whatever you like.

I have a couple extras if you would like one for free.

BuzzCap7

Sry the PIX is not brighter.

This I think is a sandwhich size ziplock. So it is small. Hose is a soft rubber.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:08 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Ingenious.
Please know that gasoline and oil products are a known carcinogenic,
if you are sucking the fluid, just before (I know it takes three or four times
before you get it right....before the gas (see it in the tube?) get to you mouth....quit
sucking. Gravitational pull will pull the greater mass into the lesser.
You can suck out the gas by the mouthful and spit it in the tank.....(it has been done...
maybe on hill....I don't know)...either way, the bike guy will be impressed with your knowledge.

Last edited by themensh; 03-22-2015 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:14 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by themensh
Ingenious.
Please know that gasoline and oil products are a known carcinogenic,
if you are sucking the fluid, just before (I know it takes three or four times
before you get it right....before the gas (see it in the tube?) get to you mouth....quit
sucking. Gravitational pull will pull the greater mass into the lesser.
You can suck out the gas by the mouthful and spit it in the tank.....(it has been done...
maybe on hill....I don't know)...either way, the bike guy will be impressed with your knowledge.
When I was about 17 I worked at an all night diner. A customer my age came in every night. One night he asked to borrow my car and promised to bring it back filled which he did.

This got to be a regular thing, him borrowing my car and bringing it backed full of gas. One day after he used it I found one of those siphon hoses in my trunk. Ends up he was siphoning front the trucks at the business next door. The owner of the company came over next day and told me about it as someone saw him.

Old 03-25-2015, 04:26 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 888 Likes on 533 Posts

To the OP, how about posting something that is important or at least something that is relevant. Numerous posts daily that are useless, jeez......

Old 03-25-2015, 04:46 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,326 Likes on 10,702 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammerhead Pat
To the OP, how about posting something that is important or at least something that is relevant. Numerous posts daily that are useless, jeez......
hi there hammerhead pat, it appears your experience is different than mine.

In approximately the last 8 years, I came across 3 people that ran out of gas where that siphon came in very handy and they kept the siphon because I have extras.

And about 4 others I have given away in the last couple of years.

So to me it appears to be more common than maybe you think. or more common then your personal experiences.

Besides I am nice enough to give stuff away for free that is actually functional. If you are making a point that a flexible siphon that does not take up much room is not relevant to motorcycle riding and a huge amount of other items on this website that truly have nothing whatsoever to do with motorcycle riding is more relevant.............. then you need to reevaluate what you are saying above.

Besides, this form does have a place for humor, off-topic, and a load of other stuff that has nothing to do with motorcycle riding anyway. Yet, you picked on something that is directly relative to what happens with some bikers.

I think you missed your mark on your post my friend. LOL

No worries. Have a great day!

BuzzCap7

Old 03-25-2015, 05:12 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 888 Likes on 533 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
hi there hammerhead pat, it appears your experience is different than mine.

In approximately the last 8 years, I came across 3 people that ran out of gas where that siphon came in very handy and they kept the siphon because I have extras.

And about 4 others I have given away in the last couple of years.

So to me it appears to be more common than maybe you think. or more common then your personal experiences.

Besides I am nice enough to give stuff away for free that is actually functional. If you are making a point that a flexible siphon that does not take up much room is not relevant to motorcycle riding and a huge amount of other items on this website that truly have nothing whatsoever to do with motorcycle riding is more relevant.............. then you need to reevaluate what you are saying above.

Besides, this form does have a place for humor, off-topic, and a load of other stuff that has nothing to do with motorcycle riding anyway. Yet, you picked on something that is directly relative to what happens with some bikers.

I think you missed your mark on your post my friend. LOL

No worries. Have a great day!

BuzzCap7
No worries brother! I gotta a feeling that most
of us know what a siphon hose is and how to use one. And I do carry a piece of hose in my saddlebag. Ride safe.....