"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

naples to tallahassee

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 04:23 PM
slapshot12
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

17 east of Manatee/Sarasota is nice. But I agree, I'd get past Tampa, then hit the back roads.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:58 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

75 is like death alley during rush hour, choose your time well. Once up Tampa area ya can take 301 north. Best thng would be 75 to Ocala and exit over to 301 to Tallahassee.

oops...have to revise my comment, was thinkin Jacksonville. Right before Ocala you can go west over to 98 and 27 north. Best ride to take.

Last edited by Tampa Fatboy; 05-19-2015 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:16 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

A mile or two east of Perry on Hwy 98 is Deals Famous Oyster House. Oysters are fresh and cold. If you ask the owner Zodie will play her pogo stick.

Continue west on 98 through the forest to Newport. When you cross the St. Marks River on your right is Outz's Too Oyster Bar & Grill. Biker hangout, live music on the weekends, oysters, beer and smoked mullet.

from Newport less than a mile make a slight right turn on 267. There is often a roadside stand there selling real Tupelo honey. Next make a right on 363 aka Woodville Hwy. go north to Tallahassee. Woodville hwy turns into Monroe st in Tallahassee. As you approach the Capitol complex turn left on Famu Way (there's a Subway on the corner). Then an immediate right tucked in behind Maner's Garage is the oldest and finest oyster bar in Tallahassee, Shell Oyster Bar. They don't serve beer, but the owner Leroy will give you one if you ask.

Last edited by fishheadsaid; 05-19-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:44 PM
BArider
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help from naples

If time is not a concern, I would take 29 up the center of the state to 27. That takes up pass I-4 then head west through brookesville. Then north along the coast. Great ride. If you are coming from the east coast, take the exit before you get to Naples, great road. If starting Naples head out immokolee rd to 29.

Old 05-22-2015, 05:37 AM
rgjujitsu
Road Master

Now that's my kind of advice! Thanks! Leaving now

Originally Posted by fishheadsaid
A mile or two east of Perry on Hwy 98 is Deals Famous Oyster House. Oysters are fresh and cold. If you ask the owner Zodie will play her pogo stick.

Continue west on 98 through the forest to Newport. When you cross the St. Marks River on your right is Outz's Too Oyster Bar & Grill. Biker hangout, live music on the weekends, oysters, beer and smoked mullet.

from Newport less than a mile make a slight right turn on 267. There is often a roadside stand there selling real Tupelo honey. Next make a right on 363 aka Woodville Hwy. go north to Tallahassee. Woodville hwy turns into Monroe st in Tallahassee. As you approach the Capitol complex turn left on Famu Way (there's a Subway on the corner). Then an immediate right tucked in behind Maner's Garage is the oldest and finest oyster bar in Tallahassee, Shell Oyster Bar. They don't serve beer, but the owner Leroy will give you one if you ask.

Old 05-22-2015, 11:23 AM
rgjujitsu
Road Master

Decided to stop at neon Leon's bar for lunch, great dive spot

Old 05-25-2015, 06:26 PM
rgjujitsu
Road Master

Well what started as a great trip ended up sucking. Got a nail in tire day one, day two after I leave dealer they forgot to put dipstick in engine seized going 80. Stuck 400 miles from home.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:11 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Originally Posted by rgjujitsu
Well what started as a great trip ended up sucking. Got a nail in tire day one, day two after I leave dealer they forgot to put dipstick in engine seized going 80. Stuck 400 miles from home.

holy moly, where are you now? What did the dealer do after that happened?

Old 05-28-2015, 09:26 PM
ronherman
Tourer

Originally Posted by rgjujitsu
Awesome thank you
If you can avoid 19 in st pete and upper pinellas county do, I live here and the people are freaking crazy!

Old 05-29-2015, 01:09 PM
rgjujitsu
Road Master

Ha, they are trying to blame it on a fram oil filter. Unbknownst to me, the bike is still under warranty so they are trying to do something on that route.
Originally Posted by uklauren
holy moly, where are you now? What did the dealer do after that happened?

Quick Reply: naples to tallahassee