"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Ride around the lake this wednesday

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by screamn_eagle
by the way...luv ur bike...did u own it since it was new???
it happens to be my favorite ride....of course i would love to have the 92 white with red stripe springer...lol
Thanks! I love it too. Lauren has a springer also.

I should be able to make a Wednesday run, or a Sunday run. I'm supposed to go to PBIR next Wednesday evening but that's up in the air...I COULD do a Jacks run for lunch then up to the track, that would be fun day. Now if my wife will agree..

Eagle, you set it up and I'll do my best to attend. We could meet at Cafe 27 for our ride to AJ, down 27 to 997 to Card Sound. That's a good ride, minimal traffic.

Let's do this! We talk a lot time to all ride together.

Old 06-13-2015, 01:12 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Thanks! I love it too. Lauren has a springer also.

I should be able to make a Wednesday run, or a Sunday run. I'm supposed to go to PBIR next Wednesday evening but that's up in the air...I COULD do a Jacks run for lunch then up to the track, that would be fun day. Now if my wife will agree..

Eagle, you set it up and I'll do my best to attend. We could meet at Cafe 27 for our ride to AJ, down 27 to 997 to Card Sound. That's a good ride, minimal traffic.

Let's do this! We talk a lot time to all ride together.
yeah that works...i like chrome ave its a chill ride (unless you get stuck behind some trucks)....last time i went that way i noticed they put up lane dividers just south of tamiami. they go about 3 miles so you cant pass any of those damn trucks. but its nice ride that way. i usually continue over the bridge and around to us1 on the way home after lunch. its nice to look at the water over the bridge. sounds like a plan to me. meet at cafe 27 around10ish???

Old 06-13-2015, 01:22 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by screamn_eagle
yeah that works...i like chrome ave its a chill ride (unless you get stuck behind some trucks)....last time i went that way i noticed they put up lane dividers just south of tamiami. they go about 3 miles so you cant pass any of those damn trucks. but its nice ride that way. i usually continue over the bridge and around to us1 on the way home after lunch. its nice to look at the water over the bridge. sounds like a plan to me. meet at cafe 27 around10ish???

That should work for me, I've invited one of my riding buddies!

Lauren I hope you can make it a springer play date.

Old 06-13-2015, 04:59 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

10 am at Cafe 27 looks good, yes I'll bring the Springer and test out the new rocker box gasket.

Old 06-15-2015, 01:59 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

Cool.... Trying to get my kid to go as well. Just if any of you were in the thread where i discussed giving him the cvo...please dont say anything. Its a surprise, i'm giving it to him the morning we leave for sturgis.

Old 06-16-2015, 04:58 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

Guys bad news on my end, I was worried but thought I could make Wednesday work but both me and my riding buddy have to back out.

One of these days...sheesh it's tough for me to join a ride! :-(

Old 06-17-2015, 06:35 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Screamin'Eagle are we a go?

Old 06-17-2015, 04:02 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

I'm sorry I missed you guys, hope you had a great ride. If we can ever put together a Sunday run I should be able to make it.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:12 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

I hadnt seen everyones posts because of my work i did send a message to lauren but it was when my boy and i were already at cafe 27. Soooooo it was just the 2 of us. We had a good ride, but i just found out that the state of florida decided to make chrome ave a no passing zone all the way from 27 to tamiami trail and probably further. We were stuck behind a couple of slow *** trucks so at tamiami we busted a left to the turnpike. It ended up not being such a great ride because who wants to travel on the highway all the time. Looks like i am not going to go to alabama jack too often any more...maybe a ride to snake road next week???

Old 06-18-2015, 12:14 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

How did you learn it's a no passing zone? I passed a few times a couple of weeks ago, did I miss a sign? Why in the heck would it be a no passing zone it's dead straight and you can see for 30 miles!!!

Quick Reply: Ride around the lake this wednesday