"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Horns & FL Law

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 09:41 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,019 Likes on 2,822 Posts

Speaking of horns, I know the Steibel is a nice looking set up as are the Wolo and the Mini Beast but does anyone have any suggestions for a direct stock horn replacement? I'm really no longer interested in removing gas tanks or running relays and such. I've been down that road with my choppers and just have no interest in disassembling and reassembling the Softail. What I'm looking for is a stock horn off, louder horn on and plug in the two wires dealio.
Anybody?

Old 07-07-2015, 09:51 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Hey Man
Speaking of horns, I know the Steibel is a nice looking set up as are the Wolo and the Mini Beast but does anyone have any suggestions for a direct stock horn replacement? I'm really no longer interested in removing gas tanks or running relays and such. I've been down that road with my choppers and just have no interest in disassembling and reassembling the Softail. What I'm looking for is a stock horn off, louder horn on and plug in the two wires dealio.
Anybody?
The Steibel uses the factory nut, and you can just plug in the factory wires and it'll work. About a 30 second install.

But...I would (and did) run a relay to power it. That's easy to do, use the factory wire to signal the relay. If you don't, I'm certain you will burn out your horn switch if you use the horn a lot. The Steibel is ear splitting loud and uses some power, I've blown the fuse blowing it before I installed the relay.

Mine came with the relay. You can buy a relay harness and inline fuse from Amazon for like $1 or something like that, which makes the install very neat and quick. No need to take the tank off, though I lifted mine from the back to get some room to run the wires neatly.

Last edited by Joe_G; 07-07-2015 at 09:53 PM.