"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Friggin Rain

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 09:31 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,004 Likes on 2,817 Posts

Originally Posted by T D
And when does this "rainy season" finish, or does it just have a mind of it's own?
I was going to come over and see you lot the next week, but if it's gonna carry on, I don't think I'll bother!!

TD
The rainy season runs from may until about October. The rest of the year it only rains a couple of times a week. Freekin' state is starting to wear thin.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:20 AM
Roger That
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T D
And when does this "rainy season" finish, or does it just have a mind of it's own?
I was going to come over and see you lot the next week, but if it's gonna carry on, I don't think I'll bother!!

TD
Don't let the rainy season dictate your decision to come all the way to Florida. It's not like any type of rain you see over there on the other side of the pond.

During the rainy season, afternoon thunderstorms are common anytime from 2pm to 6 or 7pm. Then the sun almost always comes back out and dries everything up in about an hour or less. The first month of the rainy season the storms typically build on the east side of the state and moves west dumping all of the rain on the west coast. The remainder of the season it is opposite, builds in the west and moves east which is the pattern that is happening now and for most of the remainder of the rainy season.

Most of us are accustomed to the rainy season and just deal with it, but it rarely if ever rains for more than an hour or two down here. It is quite easy to predict and plan around. It sometimes gets so hot down here that a little shower to cool things off can be welcome.

Nobody from your side of the pond should ever be concerned with Florida's rainy season considering the rain that you guys deal with! Lauren can fill you in on our rainy season. If you come...make certain you take that ride down to Key West! Lots of places to rent a bike for a couple of days.

Old 07-26-2015, 10:53 AM
kwo51
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

Most are over in 15 min.but this last week they have been monsoons. Just glad I was not on I 75 Saturday for the road block. What a mess all traffic both directions diverted all over Levy and Marion county's . Aquifer getting refilled.

Old 07-26-2015, 12:54 PM
T D
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Cool

The first time that we came to Florida, well the States actually, we were sat in the Florida mall having a smoke in the food hall. Coz it was so busy, we were sharing a table with a local feller. It was hammering down outside, and he apologized to us about the rain.
We told him not to worry because we were so chuffed to be in the States, as we'd been looking forward to it for so long. A bit of rain, coming from England wasn't an issue.
He was quite moved and very chuffed at the same time.
This will be the third trip to Florida, AND it's paid for, so again, we'll be happy just to be in your country/state!!!!!
Thanx for your comments tho,

TD

Old 07-26-2015, 01:27 PM
T D
Road Master
Cool

In other words,
"You don't get rid of us THAT easy!"

TD

Old 07-27-2015, 02:02 PM
T D
Road Master
Cool

I could always try it another way........
SURFS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TD

Old 07-27-2015, 02:59 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Originally Posted by T D
I could always try it another way........
SURFS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TD
that's a great Beach Boys album

Old 07-27-2015, 03:16 PM
T D
Road Master
Cool

All Beach Boys albums are good hun!
Did you get anywhere with the Rides btw?

TD

Old 07-28-2015, 07:05 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Damn it, man...we've been hammered up here from Tampa Bay to NPR and all areas surrounding for almost two weeks. That's messed up.
Edit: Wanted to add, English and the Scots, lot of respect for brothers and sisters there. They ride hard, only a few of them left that I still converse with.
Scots take scoots serious, of course they don't care for that heavy **** HD.

Last edited by Tampa Fatboy; 07-28-2015 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:20 AM
T D
Road Master
Cool

Well I guess us Brits, unless they're ex-pats (no names mentioned!) are quite used to getting wet a good percentage of the year. Lol
Even more so for the jocks and Irish!

TD

Quick Reply: Friggin Rain