"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Friggin Rain

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 05:37 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Lauren I"m thinking a rain suit is a necessary item in your future. I wore my expensive HD rain suit in the last 1.5 hours heading to bike week and it worked amazingly well. For once, paying a lot of money got me a quality product.

I have HD rain gear that works great, but you gotta be wearing it before it rains lol. We stood in rain for a long time today then it stopped, then we had a 5 minute ride from the chapel to the cemetery and that's when the skies opened again.

Old 10-04-2015, 03:38 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

lmbo...resurrected once again. Woke up to 62 outside, downed a couple coffees, had my morning constitution, showered & dressed, and as I pulled the scoot out to ride the rains began. It has rained all friggin day. Needless to say I am the grill man \ bartender today

Old 10-04-2015, 08:01 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

I feel for ya TampaFatboy, my weather radar is showing lots of green and blue blobs over your part of Florida. It's been intermittent here which we'd expect for the time of year. Took a nice 150 mile ride today and it rained while we were eating brunch and cleared in time to ride home. It rained 30 minutes after I got home.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:30 AM
Lighteye
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Went out on a short ride with Hey Man and 2 of his friends down to Peggy's Corral yesterday AM....made it all the way down to Palmetto and stayed dry, then a mile away from the parking lot the rain gods giggled and dumped on us. They continued the shenanigans of rain/sun/rain/sun/rain/sun for the hour and change we were there.

Got caught in some serious nastiness riding into St. Pete this morning from SE Hillsborough county... I caught the trifecta of rain/cross winds/moron on a cellphone swerving while I was rolling up the skyway bridge. The stock horn on the new RK is pretty loud and scared the shi% out of him enough to keep him in his own lane while I got past him and plotted my track over the hump and down to flat land. It was the first morning I ever needed a jacket, or at least something to keep from getting a chill when I was completely damp from the rain and mist kicked up from the road.

Should be a pretty ride this afternoon on the way home if the forecast is right. Can hardly wait to get on up out of here and get in the breeze and sun.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:05 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

heheh...Lauren, we're getting closer. I so look forward to it dryin out and cooler weather.

@ Lighteye...yea, had a couple buds stop by yesterday, said same thng. Look like it was going to clear off only to get hit again with the rain. All day thng around here.