"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Chester's HD New Model Party 9/11

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 02:30 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
yes I would prefer red, the guy said orange but I'm thinking red would look better.

My group decide where we're going at about 9.25, depends on who shows up and how long people have and weather. I'm not in charge of decision making, it's a group thing. I can suggest it though. You're welcome to meet us in Boca, any of the crew can, Trader Joes on US 1 between 8th and 9th street between Palmetto Pk Rd and Camino Real at 9am. They are a nice bunch but sometimes I can't get them to ride very far so it's hit and miss for miles.
Orange is for turn signals so it looks like your turn signals are on but not blinking. Let's put the red in and see if you like them. I prefer red in mine.

I forgot I have a model rocket event with my boys tomorrow from 8 to 10:30am tomorrow. If you do end up heading south to Alabama Jacks, let me know your route and when you plan to leave.

Old 09-12-2015, 03:23 PM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
I'm sorry I misunderstood your post to mean it's silly to celebrate the new models (which maybe it is but it was fun). You meant a party on 9/11. I think it was just coincidental but your point is well taken, no need to celebrate on 9/11. VTwin had a color guard do a tribute which was appropriate and nice.
I don't look at it as necessarily celebrating the 9/11 terrorist act, but as a message to the rest of the world that we are a country that bands together, we will not be divided. I think of it as celebrating those lives and celebrating the American lifestyle of freedom, liberty and justice for ALL! Isn't that why we decided to turn 9/11 into Patriot's Day? Remembering and being respectful is important, too of course, which is why we also include a memoriam. We celebrate our patriotism, not the incident. They do not win! (Sorry for the rant, I do respect the decision to keep it solemn, as well!)

Old 09-12-2015, 03:26 PM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain

Originally Posted by uklauren
Paul, David and Bruce (who you met last night) are not on the forum.
Ah, I thought David and Paul were, as some comment was made. I must have misunderstood. Bruce I didn't think was.

Old 09-12-2015, 03:28 PM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Orange is for turn signals so it looks like your turn signals are on but not blinking. Let's put the red in and see if you like them. I prefer red in mine.

I forgot I have a model rocket event with my boys tomorrow from 8 to 10:30am tomorrow. If you do end up heading south to Alabama Jacks, let me know your route and when you plan to leave.
I couldn't figure it out at the time, but something did seem "off" with the orange. I did get the sense her turn signals were on more frequently than they really were. You are right about that!

Old 09-12-2015, 07:11 PM
Its time to ride
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

QUOTE=Joe_G;14389210]I'm sorry I misunderstood your post to mean it's silly to celebrate the new models (which maybe it is but it was fun). You meant a party on 9/11. I think it was just coincidental but your point is well taken, no need to celebrate on 9/11. VTwin had a color guard do a tribute which was appropriate and nice.[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by Ycbrewster
I don't look at it as necessarily celebrating the 9/11 terrorist act, but as a message to the rest of the world that we are a country that bands together, we will not be divided. I think of it as celebrating those lives and celebrating the American lifestyle of freedom, liberty and justice for ALL! Isn't that why we decided to turn 9/11 into Patriot's Day? Remembering and being respectful is important, too of course, which is why we also include a memoriam. We celebrate our patriotism, not the incident. They do not win! (Sorry for the rant, I do respect the decision to keep it solemn, as well!)
Sorry, but I guess I forget that even with all the camaraderie of the crew, most of you don't know me. I'm all in for a party, and I have no problem with anyone marking the day however they choose. I probably should explain that I was sort of cranky about it yesterday because of what it means to me personally. Prior to moving to Florida, I was a Lieutenant with FDNY, and I had to retire after getting sick from 9/11. I watched the towers go up as a child, had my high school prom at windows on the world, responded to the garage bombing on 2/26/93 and watched the towers fall on 9/11. I spent months at the site searching first for survivors, then for the remains of friends. I didn't find most, and I left a lot of my health there. I don't have any regrets. If I could do it over again, I probably wouldn't do to much differently. One of these days I'll have to sit down and write a book about it all.... At any rate, it goes in the rearview mirror until next year. Until then, Party on!

Old 09-12-2015, 09:04 PM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Its time to ride
QUOTE=Joe_G;14389210]I'm sorry I misunderstood your post to mean it's silly to celebrate the new models (which maybe it is but it was fun). You meant a party on 9/11. I think it was just coincidental but your point is well taken, no need to celebrate on 9/11. VTwin had a color guard do a tribute which was appropriate and nice.

Sorry, but I guess I forget that even with all the camaraderie of the crew, most of you don't know me. I'm all in for a party, and I have no problem with anyone marking the day however they choose. I probably should explain that I was sort of cranky about it yesterday because of what it means to me personally. Prior to moving to Florida, I was a Lieutenant with FDNY, and I had to retire after getting sick from 9/11. I watched the towers go up as a child, had my high school prom at windows on the world, responded to the garage bombing on 2/26/93 and watched the towers fall on 9/11. I spent months at the site searching first for survivors, then for the remains of friends. I didn't find most, and I left a lot of my health there. I don't have any regrets. If I could do it over again, I probably wouldn't do to much differently. One of these days I'll have to sit down and write a book about it all.... At any rate, it goes in the rearview mirror until next year. Until then, Party on![/QUOTE]

No need to explain or to be sorry at all. I have a friend who lost many co-workers that day. I know his heart breaks every 9/11. And yesterday, my heart broke for him! My heart has nothing but respect and ache for you as well! Thank you!

Old 09-12-2015, 09:10 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

^^^ Yvonne said it well. I have a friend in similar shoes. The world needs more people like you with the guts to do the right thing. Hope to meet you on a ride soon.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:21 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Respect for you Its Time To Ride, those of us that were not there on 9/11 have no clue how it was for you.
Funny both events we attended were muted and at Chesters they did start with a tribute to those injured and killed on 9/11, then at VTwin City they had a ceremony and dedication.