"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

HD Adjustable Rider's Backrest

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 09:46 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Who me? You never know.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:05 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

This is similar to mine (mine is an older model):

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...eat---backrest

However, I realize you have an Ultra, my old softail springer seat is not going to fit on your bike. Nonetheless, you're welcome to try mine out on my bike if you can't get one locally.

Old 10-24-2015, 05:37 AM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

I have the adjustable on my bike I have found out that I really don't adjust it much once it's set . This is the 2nd bike I have had it on.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:50 AM
crump13
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
This is similar to mine (mine is an older model):

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...eat---backrest

However, I realize you have an Ultra, my old softail springer seat is not going to fit on your bike. Nonetheless, you're welcome to try mine out on my bike if you can't get one locally.
My seat has the opening for a backrest already so I'm good to go with the seat just need to check out the adjustable backrest to see how I like it before I pony up the cash. I think I will as i have heard great reviews on it. I just figured it it was easy to meet up with someone the has that backrest it would be cool to check it out first.

~Tina~

Old 10-24-2015, 08:52 AM
crump13
Tourer

Originally Posted by PRrdglide
I have the adjustable on my bike I have found out that I really don't adjust it much once it's set . This is the 2nd bike I have had it on.
At first I had figured that I wouldn't adjust it much once it was set but I got to thinking about the times I would be wearing rain gear or a jacket and I might have the need to made adjustments on the fly for those situations. But I would imagine that the majority of the time I wouldn't need to mess with it.

~Tina~

Old 10-26-2015, 10:50 AM
sailmotion
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7,838 Likes on 3,236 Posts

Originally Posted by crump13
At first I had figured that I wouldn't adjust it much once it was set but I got to thinking about the times I would be wearing rain gear or a jacket and I might have the need to made adjustments on the fly for those situations. But I would imagine that the majority of the time I wouldn't need to mess with it.

~Tina~
Another thought occurred to me. If I'm not mistaken, I believe an Ultra CVO I briefly gawked over at my dealer had the adjustable backrest. I'm not sure if there are standard on the CVO's, but you might ask your dealer.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:34 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

I'd have to say Tina, if you can afford the increased price for the adjustable, just do it. I bet I adjust mine every other time I ride at least, just for fun. I adjusted it yesterday matter of fact. Sometimes I want to **** back and cruise, other times, I think about my posture and I want to sit straight.

Old 10-26-2015, 02:51 PM
crump13
Tourer

Originally Posted by sailmotion
Another thought occurred to me. If I'm not mistaken, I believe an Ultra CVO I briefly gawked over at my dealer had the adjustable backrest. I'm not sure if there are standard on the CVO's, but you might ask your dealer.

Good point, i'll have to visit the deal to see if they might have a model on the floor with that backrest.

Thanks,

~Tina~

Old 10-26-2015, 02:52 PM
crump13
Tourer

Originally Posted by Joe_G
I'd have to say Tina, if you can afford the increased price for the adjustable, just do it. I bet I adjust mine every other time I ride at least, just for fun. I adjusted it yesterday matter of fact. Sometimes I want to **** back and cruise, other times, I think about my posture and I want to sit straight.

Joe,

I have heard that the price difference is well worth going with the adjustable backrest. I believe that is the route I'll be going. I really like the option to adjust on the fly.

~Tina~

Old 10-26-2015, 04:28 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by crump13
Joe,

I have heard that the price difference is well worth going with the adjustable backrest. I believe that is the route I'll be going. I really like the option to adjust on the fly.

~Tina~
Tina I have the option and I really like it. I think you'll be pleased as well.

I do think you and Lauren should take a ride to Cafe 27! lol

Quick Reply: HD Adjustable Rider's Backrest