"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Motorcycle Camping

Old 01-27-2016, 09:25 PM
crump13
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Looks like a great setup Murph.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:05 AM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by murph
If I go, it will be either the week of June 13th or June 20th. It all depends on when school starts back in August. That way I know how many weeks I can take off this summer.

SOoooo, Who is interested?
I just realized you stated "weeks" ...as in plural...how many weeks do you usually take to do a trip like this; and do you plan to go anywhere else?

Old 01-28-2016, 02:21 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Murph I enjoy camping, I have since I was 8 years old and joined Cub Scouts!

I'll be camping with some other HD dudes at Bike week. I look forward to it all year.

With two little kids its tough for me to get away for more than one camping trip a year but someday, I plan to do more of it. I like the folks I meet camping.
I know what you mean. I'm a single dad and have two kids. It's rough for me to get away. I try to do these trips if they are taken care of... But they are 18 and 16...lol

Originally Posted by crump13
Looks like a great setup Murph.
Thanks crump. A work in progress. Working on some short portable tarp poles..lol

Originally Posted by Ycbrewster
I just realized you stated "weeks" ...as in plural...how many weeks do you usually take to do a trip like this; and do you plan to go anywhere else?
Yes. Two weeks planned. I usually end up coming home a few days sooner. i just like to have enough time so i don't have to rush.

Old 01-28-2016, 02:36 PM
crump13
Tourer

Thanks crump. A work in progress. Working on some short portable tarp. Lol
The poles would help a lot so you don't have to find trees or something else to tie to. I like that idea of the over head tarp. I have a tarp for the ground but will get a tarp to tie over head as well.

I am going to follow this thread and if I can break away when y'all take this trip I will join in. I love this type of camping and traveling via the motorcycle. It's a true adventure.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:16 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by crump13
The poles would help a lot so you don't have to find trees or something else to tie to. I like that idea of the over head tarp. I have a tarp for the ground but will get a tarp to tie over head as well.

I am going to follow this thread and if I can break away when y'all take this trip I will join in. I love this type of camping and traveling via the motorcycle. It's a true adventure.
I know what you mean. Take a look at the Kelty Noah tarp or Chinook. I have the 9x12 Chinook. Thinking about getting the Chinook 12x14 or the Kelty 16 x 16.

I love camping at MC campgrounds. you meet some great people. The locals know the best roads.

Old 02-03-2016, 09:32 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Looking at the pictures from last year's trip just makes me want to hit the road. Can't wait until I can put Florida in my rear view for awhile...lol

Old 02-03-2016, 12:17 PM
crump13
Tourer

Looking at the pictures from last year's trip just makes me want to hit the road. Can't wait until I can put Florida in my rear view for awhile...lol
I know what you mean...I am ready for a motorcycle trip!! But then again, when am I not??

Old 02-07-2016, 09:30 PM
ColdEspresso
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
The Kermit chair is a great chair...
I have owned 2 Kermit chairs. The first one was handmade by the original owners. About 15 years ago it was snatched at a campground. My second was made by the new company who is still making a great chair here in the U.S.A.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:38 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ColdEspresso
I have owned 2 Kermit chairs. The first one was handmade by the original owners. About 15 years ago it was snatched at a campground. My second was made by the new company who is still making a great chair here in the U.S.A.
I love my Kermit chair. I got the larger version...lol. I like how you can fold the chair and carry it around and still have your drink in the holder...

Old 02-11-2016, 12:51 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I use an overhead tarp to keep the dew off everything, and I can just ride away while other people are drying there/their/they're bikes off. I'm gonna check on this kermit chair.....it sounds interesting.

Attached Thumbnails Motorcycle Camping-camp-homeless.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Motorcycle Camping