"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Have I lost touch...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 05:56 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,003 Likes on 2,817 Posts
Default Have I lost touch...

.....or is there a definite decline in bike nights, special events or general places where bikers congregate in the local Tampa area? Used to be that there were 4 or 5 places within a few miles of me that always had 20 or so bikes parked out front. I guess all us old guys are slowly slipping away.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:28 AM
crump13
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I agree, there doesn't seem to be as many as there was in the past.

I think the Rack in Brandon still has a bike night but not sure what night and the River's Edge in Gibsonton might have a bike night as well. Of course there is Biff's in St Pete and Quaker Steak and Lube in Clearwater if you want to go that far. I used to be more on top of the local bike nights but have lost touch with it lately.

I just found this link that show's the FL bike nights by day of the week and location. http://www.scooterschedule.com/bikenights.htm

There are not many in the Brandon area. Wednesday and Thursday seems to have the best options.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:00 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by crump13
I agree, there doesn't seem to be as many as there was in the past.

I think the Rack in Brandon still has a bike night but not sure what night and the River's Edge in Gibsonton might have a bike night as well. Of course there is Biff's in St Pete and Quaker Steak and Lube in Clearwater if you want to go that far. I used to be more on top of the local bike nights but have lost touch with it lately.

I just found this link that show's the FL bike nights by day of the week and location. http://www.scooterschedule.com/bikenights.htm

There are not many in the Brandon area. Wednesday and Thursday seems to have the best options.

The Rivers Edge is pretty good on Sundays. A lot of folks do an early run to Peggy's then hit the Edge in the afternoon. Quaker Steak is an over priced rip-off. Last time I went was about 5 years ago. $8.50 for a Jack & Coke with little or no Jack.

Whatever happened to $1.50 long necks and women that flashed? These days it's all $4 draft beers and soccer moms with strollers. Bars are no place for kids.

Last edited by Hey Man; 03-09-2016 at 08:03 AM.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:04 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Originally Posted by Hey Man
The Rivers Edge is pretty good on Sundays. A lot of folks do an early run to Peggy's then hit the Edge in the afternoon. Quaker Steak is an over priced rip-off. Last time I went was about 5 years ago. $8.50 for a Jack & Coke with little or no Jack.

Whatever happened to $1.50 long necks and women that flashed? These days it's all $4 draft beers and soccer moms with strollers. Bars are no place for kids.
lmfao @ $1.50 longnecks and bare tatas. That was a very long time ago.
I'll share a short story been maybe 6 months back. I'm up on I-75 headed south into Tampa doing 65 mph in the right lane. Car pulls alongside and I glance over to a lil hottie givin me a thumbs up and a big smile, then her man friend the same. I smile and nodded. 10-15 seconds later they're still alongside of me so glance over again to that lil hottie laughing and her tee pulled up flashing away. Damn it, man, teasing the old man, heh darling. I smiled and thumbed up that girl. Made my day although that longneck still cost me $2.50 when I got to the clubhouse > laffs

Old 03-15-2016, 06:18 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member

Ah yes indeed. Thems was shinnin' times they was!

Old 03-15-2016, 08:55 PM
VA_Larry
Road Captain
Received 111 Likes on 68 Posts

Guess it's all relative.

I moved to Tampa last Sept from the DC area. I've been amazed at how many "events" I've found here connected to bike nights, rallies, etc. Few and far between up in the land of PC.

Old 03-17-2016, 05:46 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by VA_Larry
Guess it's all relative.

I moved to Tampa last Sept from the DC area. I've been amazed at how many "events" I've found here connected to bike nights, rallies, etc. Few and far between up in the land of PC.

Well, hit me with the list. Most of the ones in FT or BTR either don't exist anymore or they have a three bike following.

I'm not a world class drinker anymore but I do enjoy seeing the bikes.

Last edited by Hey Man; 03-17-2016 at 05:48 AM.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:06 PM
ThePostman
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They also canceled Bike Nite in Fort Pierce also. Always a good turn out except when it rains or cold.

Old 03-20-2016, 07:30 PM
jumpinjack571
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Plant City and Zephyrhills Sat bike night They are each only about four times a year but are very biker friendly. They close off the entire downtown area

JJ

Old 03-20-2016, 08:01 PM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by jumpinjack571
Check out Plant City and Zephyrhills Sat bike night They are each only about four times a year but are very biker friendly. They close off the entire downtown area

JJ
https://www.facebook.com/PlantCityBikeFest/

https://www.facebook.com/MusicMotorcycles

Quick Reply: Have I lost touch...