"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Camping Trip 2016

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 12:58 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Camping Trip 2016

I know I've talked to a couple of you about this trip. I thought it was time to post the itinerary for those who might be interested in going. I have planned 14 days leaving June 13th, 2016 and returning June 25th or 26th. The first day will be the hardest but doable. The rest of the trip is short day rides giving enough time to enjoy sitting at camp, cooking dinner, and meeting new people. Some of the campgrounds I will be stay at are motorcycle only campgrounds. You meet some great people at those. i.e. Willville and Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground.

The first two days will be one night only, but the rest will be multiple days. How many will depend on how much fun I'm having...lol So here is the route planned.

Day 1 - Leaving Fort Pierce, Florida north on I-95. I will get off I-95 at US52 in Florence SC heading towards Morrow Mountain State Park. Staying there one night.. (Approximately 631 miles) I know.. A long day.

Day 2 - Leaving Morrow Mountain heading to Peaks of Otter State Park. Staying there one night. No showers so bring wipes...lol. There are shows just up the road at another place, but I think we can manage for one night. if anyone knows any nice back roads to Otters, please let me know. It is only 197 miles.

Day3 - Leaving Peaks of Otter State Park heading South on the Blue Ridge Parkway to Willville Campground. Here is where I might stay 2, 3, 4 days. I will not know until I get there. Nice people and some of the best riding I did last year. Locals are nice and willing to show you around. The "Squirrel" is a great road. The owner is a great guy. (only 91 miles) I will probably make plenty of side trips along the way. Depending on what I see or find out about that is interesting to see.

Day ? (when ever I leave Willville..lol) continue south on the Blue Ridge to Julian Price State Park. This place is just around the corner from Blowing Rock and Grandfather Mountain. I might stay here one or two days. Again, depending on things to do around the area. (approximately 115 miles)

Day ? (when ever I leave Julian Price Park) continue south on the Blue Ridge to the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground. This one is my favorite. The campground is surrounded by a bubbling brook. Makes sleeping so nice. I met a lot of great people here. If there are enough people, the owners will make breakfast at the chow hall. I think it was 5 bucks. I will definitely stay here 3 to 4 days.

Day ? (when ever I leave BRMC) heading towards Blairsville Ga. My cousin stays there. I will stay with him (if he lets me) unless others come with me. Then we will stay at Two Wheels of Suches which is just south of Blairsville. Or even a hotel. I'm thinking about doing the Gauntlet. I will stay two days here. From here, I will be heading home.

Sounds like a great time to me. Who is up for some great riding and enjoying sitting at our campsite having drinks and telling stories.

Old 04-19-2016, 03:45 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Dang it, Murph, bad timing for me. I'll be burnt slap out by then. Have a Houston/Corpus run in May, come June I'll be trying to recoup...lol

Old 04-19-2016, 06:58 PM
crump13
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Murph...you are not making this easy... your trip sounds GREAT!!! I just mapped out up to the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campgrounds and the route looks great. Lots of nice riding...

Old 04-20-2016, 06:27 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
Dang it, Murph, bad timing for me. I'll be burnt slap out by then. Have a Houston/Corpus run in May, come June I'll be trying to recoup...lol
Sorry man. You are more than welcome to come...lol

Originally Posted by crump13
Murph...you are not making this easy... your trip sounds GREAT!!! I just mapped out up to the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campgrounds and the route looks great. Lots of nice riding...
Sorry...lol It will be a great trip. Lots of riding with lots of fun with some new friends.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:49 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Looks like we will be leaving here June 11th. I'll be meeting up with crump13 in Daytona around 8 am. Anyone else interested in going? Will be a great time.

The following users liked this post:
crump13 (04-27-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 11:08 PM
crump13
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

I'll be joining Murph on the first 9 days of his trip. I had a week of vacation to use and this sounds like a great trip, not that it takes much for me to get away on the bike for a trip and camping adventure. Thanks Murph for letting me tag along.

Last edited by crump13; 04-28-2016 at 12:45 AM.
The following users liked this post:
murph (04-28-2016)
Old 05-04-2016, 05:04 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Sorry about posting in the other thread. I meant to post in this one. Anyone else interested in going.

Old 05-09-2016, 12:36 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

getting closer.... can't wait. this is going to be a great trip.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:29 PM
speednut
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If I can work my schedule out I would like to tag along for part of it. I will subscribe to this thread to stay updated. Sounds like fun.

Old 05-20-2016, 02:54 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Murph I'm staying in Maggie Valley the 13th to 17th.

Quick Reply: Camping Trip 2016